McCulloch 10-10 Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskan Stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a McCulloch 10-10 chainsaw and am searching for a copy of the McCulloch IPL (I already have one from ktoutdoor.com….I would just like have a PDF of the McCulloch version).

Here is the details:
Series: 10-10 Auto
Model: 600002-F
Serial: #14-395XX

Note: I believe the IPL I am searching for is might be #92374 (May 1977)

Much Thanks once again!
Alaskan Stihl

I have a McCulloch 10-10 chainsaw and am searching for a copy of the McCulloch IPL (I already have one from ktoutdoor.com….I would just like have a PDF of the McCulloch version).

Here is the details:

Much Thanks once again!
Alaskan Stihl
It is 92374 according to 2 publication guides. All I have seen is the same ipl from KToutdoor

Here is the details:

Much Thanks once again!
Alaskan Stihl
I have a 1010 Automatic also, I didn't see the model or serial tag, I did not pull any covers yet but am hoping you will/can direct me where it is located.. Thank You

TRTermite:

Yup! I had the same issue with mine when I first got it and had to ask around.

Here is where mine is located:

#1. Remove Top Cover (Flat Screwdriver). *Note that I had to sort of wiggle off the Top Cover and unscrew at the same time cause the cover was kind of stuck on there.
#2. Remove the Air Filter (careful not to damage it…although it is pretty stout)
#3. There is a small Steel Plate that is riveted on the base of the air box assembly. It is located directly below where the Carburetor is mounted (in other words…as you are looking down at the Carburetor, the plate will be riveted to the base of the air box assembly at about the 6 O’clock position).

Note that is it kind of hiding in plain site. You may have to wipe off some grime etc in case there is a lot of dirt on it etc.

Also, probably need a Magnifying Glass to see what it says…but it indicates the Model and Serial Number etc

TRTermite:

Yup! I had the same issue with mine when I first got it and had to ask around.

Here is where mine is located:

#1. Remove Top Cover (Flat Screwdriver). *Note that I had to sort of wiggle off the Top Cover and unscrew at the same time cause the cover was kind of stuck on there.
#2. Remove the Air Filter (careful not to damage it…although it is pretty stout)
#3. There is a small Steel Plate that is riveted on the base. It is located directly below the Carburetor (in other words…as you are looking down at the Carburetor, the plate will be riveted to the base at about the 6 O’clock position).

Note that is it kind of hiding in plane site. You may have to wipe off some grime etc in case there is a lot of dirt on it etc.

Also, probably need a Magnifying Glass to see what it says…but it indicates the Model and Serial Number etc
My conscience told me I was being Lazy But I am glad I asked .. Thanks bunches

Not a prob! I actually hunted all over the place when I first got mine and for the life of me I couldn’t find it!

I had to make a shout out, but when I searched for it…nothing…because the saw was never cleaned when I got it and there was a bunch of crud covering it up. I finally wiped out everything and blew air through it and Bingo! Hiding in plain sight!
The previous owner said that the saw hadn’t ran for years, and that is why to shelved it. After a brisk cleaning…and a couple shots of gas in the Carburetor…It fired right up! It usually takes about 6-8 pulls to get it to start (instead of the usual 3-4 with other saws) but it always seems to start with that couple of extra pulls!

Pulled it out of the garage/shed/CATCHALL Model same as yours. serial is 14-525XX
Gas was left to evaporate intp stiffer than gooee varnish and a tad of crystal like small crumbs or big dust under the top of gas tank. I put some mix that is debatable to run just to let it set and maybe ease the cleaning procedure. Fuel line looks nice but time will tell. The saw is really clean under the AF cover . Gas in the oil tank as well the oil was thick so I will wait and see. So many things I should do so I will try to slow walk this saw and let time help me . I have a Mini Mac 25 with chain brake I may peek at then a home XL 12? to dig check to help keep me away from the 10-10 I will comment and ask some question if needed hope you don't mind. I also hope I don't have the welch plug and check valve issues 'cuz in your words (I think) "They intimidate me" Thanks

Back