McCulloch 10-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of these. One earlier model with points ignition and a newer Pro-mac with CDI ignition. The older one is a '72 and the newer one shares my birth month 02/1978.

Both are very strong runners and are excellent quality though they have a finicky and overly complicated recoil start system. Parts are easy to come by. They are the loudest saw I have every seen or run, perfect in every way...

$80 is too much considering that if it has sat for any time it will probably need carb work and a fuel line so you'll probably want to budget $25.00 worth of parts into the price to make it right. That is comming from my personal experience and this one may be an exception but age had deteriorated the rubber fuel lines and carb parts on both of mine, also the air filter is suspect both of mine were damaged probably from overzealous cleaning.

Like others have stated try for $60.00, that would be fair.

2532754840_252576f14a_b.jpg

Based upon what I've seen around here, $80 for a clean, running 10-10 is not out of line these days. I've been wanting to add one to my collection, but have yet to find one of those $25-40 barn sale gems that everybody keeps talking about...

Latest posts

Back