• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Mcculloch 125 Intake Boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colton T

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for an intake boot for a Mcculloch 125. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a good one. I am talking with a local Amish rubber Mfg and would like to Mfg a run of new intake boots for these saws.

I’ll make sure that whoever sends one gets a new one for their time if it works out.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic. Sounds promising from initial conversations. If you find one PM me and I’ll give you my address.

I have one that could be used if Jacob passes. More importantly...I am interested in buying new ones.

I think there's going to be a substantial market for these and other reproduced parts. A few years ago, one of the kart forum guys had the starter handles and 125
intake boots reproduced and everything was sold out before he even took delivery. He had 100 of the boots and 300 of the handles made.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Part dropped off at manufacturer. They are going to reverse engineer it and get me some pricing. They stated their tooling guy is out about a month at the moment so stand-by.

Also planning to get the lower rear handle rubber guard made as well. Seems to me like it’s just an extruded rectangle. Does anyone have specs on those? I don’t have one to measure unfortunately.

I can measure one tonight. You're right, they're just a rubber tube basically. I think heavy duty heat shrink tubing would work fine. I'm not sure
that's a part that needs reproduced.

Never thought about heat shrink tubing. That’s a great idea though.

Nope, nothing yet. I’ll give them a call later today for an update.

I just called them real quick. They lost my contact info . . . Ugh. Will have info this afternoon.

Haha for real! Well pricing on molds is, in my opinion, a little ridiculous. . . $5k for the 1 cavity. The 4 cavity is $9k (original way it was Mfg was with 4 cavity mold)

I am checking with some other machine shops before I make the decision. Fortunately the molding company is not affiliated with any machine shop and is open to using anyone. . . For what it’s worth they were surprised with cost as well.

Better parts to reproduce would be the rubber bumper that mounts to the cylinder and keeps the tank from rubbing on the cylinder/crankcase, and
the small rubber snubbers that go in the lower strut frame that keep the strut frame from rubbing on the cylinder cover.
I just used 1" (I think) rubber dowel for this. I was able to drill a hole in it and ground the outside to fit. Just found this photo.

DSC_0007-crp.jpg

Latest posts

Back