• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mcculloch 7-55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve decided to sell my McCulloch 7-55 two man. I've done some clean up on this one - repainted the frame, starter cover, and stinger handle. Everything else is original. Starts and runs fine but I have not done any cutting. I filed the points and get great spark. The oiler is not working well - cups are worn. The carb diaphragm is pliable. P&C are in great shape. I opened the transmission to clean and replace the grease. Also made a new outer cover for the muffler. I have not replaced any seals or bearings. The bar will cut 38” and the chain (3/4 x .077) is like new. I did sharpen it and will include a couple 5/16” files. I made the top guard from 1” wide aluminum bar. Also comes with a longer bar – 46” cut, but no chain. Both bars are in excellent shape. This is going to be pick up only - way too heavy to ship IMO. I’m in Wheeling, WV. Asking $500 but will consider offers. Here's a video I shot on 11/23/14 and some before and after shots. PM me with any questions.

before & after -2.jpg before and after.png

@ 161cc and 55 pounds for the PHO I would agree it could self feed, bring a back brace for one man operation.

I've got a 5-49 with a bad carb, but it does have a bow bar. It is a heavy son of a gun. I am currently trying to convince my wife that magnesium is the metal of choice on our 20th anniversary and this would work perfectly for that. Good luck with the sale.

Shea

I’ve decided to sell my McCulloch 7-55 two man. I've done some clean up on this one - repainted the frame, starter cover, and stinger handle. Everything else is original. Starts and runs fine but I have not done any cutting. I filed the points and get great spark. The oiler is not working well - cups are worn. The carb diaphragm is pliable. P&C are in great shape. I opened the transmission to clean and replace the grease. Also made a new outer cover for the muffler. I have not replaced any seals or bearings. The bar will cut 38” and the chain (3/4 x .077) is like new. I did sharpen it and will include a couple 5/16” files. I made the top guard from 1” wide aluminum bar. Also comes with a longer bar – 46” cut, but no chain. Both bars are in excellent shape. This is going to be pick up only - way too heavy to ship IMO. I’m in Wheeling, WV. Asking $500 but will consider offers. Here's a video I shot on 11/23/14 and some before and after shots. PM me with any questions.

View attachment 381973 View attachment 381974

I have a 7-55 and muffler needs a little attention. How did you fix yours? Did you braze it or TIG weld? What type of metal did you use? Thanks

I have a 7-55 and muffler needs a little attention. How did you fix yours? Did you braze it or TIG weld? What type of metal did you use? Thanks
I just brazed a piece of thin steel plate in place underneath the original surface and then drilled holes - trying to match the original hole layout.

IMG_0213.JPG
I just brazed a piece of thin steel plate in place underneath the original surface and then drilled holes - trying to match the original hole layout.

Thanks - mine has the spark arrestor brazed on the outside but no baffles inside the muffler. I've attached a picture. I'm thinking I can braze a baffle inside and then braze the spark arrestor back on. Was the plate you made under the spark arrestor? If so, any idea how many holes and size of holes? Appreciate your thoughts.

View attachment 559499

Thanks - mine has the spark arrestor brazed on the outside but no baffles inside the muffler. I've attached a picture. I'm thinking I can braze a baffle inside and then braze the spark arrestor back on. Was the plate you made under the spark arrestor? If so, any idea how many holes and size of holes? Appreciate your thoughts.

When I took spark arrestor off, I couldn't see any evidence of a baffle ever having been present inside the muffler. I took a muffler off a Mac 4-30 (about the same era) and no baffle there either. So, I'm thinking I'll just make a new spark arrestor screen and braze it onto the muffler housing and call it good.

View attachment 559499

Been too long to remember. I'll try to find a photo.

Latest posts

Back