McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ODW -

7oaks - the 10 Series use 5/16" studs and the large frame saws use 3/8". It is possible to modify a 10 Series bar to fit the larger saws, and there are two types of adapters to go the other way as well, one is a small spring that fits over the 5/16" stud making it 3/8" diameter in the area of the bar, the other is an "S" shaped adapter from the appropriate thickness material to take up the space.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The oiler and adjuster holes should all work without any modifications provided you have the needed adapter.

Mark

Thanks Mark...I'll be trying that then when I get the bar back from storage this fall. Do you make the adapters or are they available online? Again thanks for all the help...

I was hoping that someone here had all three for easement of shipping and payment.

Axeman has always worked with me - combined shipping, holding a shipment pending my bid on other items, etc. He has lots of 125 parts and has helped me a lot. Price on these bolts may be a little steep compared to a reasonably priced complete muffler kit - but I haven't sent one of them in a while.
Ron

When you look at that SP125 muffler bolt, it's been modified to allow more flow just like the one I modded for that PM700. That's cool to know that I'm applying mcculloch design to other saws.

I thought you might pick up on that. I can't swear to it but I believe I have seen a similar bolt in a ten series - but I could be mistaken or it could have been just rotted out to that shape. Ron

My SP81E I got from the local saw shop bone pile for 15 bucks on Saturday on a whim. I really like the prospects!
attachment.php

\

I just got a bag of mac bits from a fella in Tasmania 10 exhaust bolts with the smaller exhaust cover screws as well plus a heap of misc stuff that would be loved by many sorry nil for sale

McBob.

You going to pack up a u-haul and take it to the grave?

My SP81E I got from the local saw shop bone pile for 15 bucks on Saturday on a whim. I really like the prospects!
attachment.php

Got a chance during lunch to give it a quick look over assessment. It has fire, but comp is low, blowing 50psi. The cyl and piston top look good through the spark plug hole, maybe just carboned up or stuck rings from sitting a long time? Going to put some light oil or WD in the cyl to see if it gets better before I break it all down. Has the tillotson carb on it- what is the general consensus on that vs a walbro? The air box looks clean, missing an oil cap and B/C outer cover. Don't think I will worry about putting a chain brake on it, unless I happen across a donor specimen for cheep. Will post progress as it comes along. :rock:

Got a chance during lunch to give it a quick look over assessment. It has fire, but comp is low, blowing 50psi. The cyl and piston top look good through the spark plug hole, maybe just carboned up or stuck rings from sitting a long time? Going to put some light oil or WD in the cyl to see if it gets better before I break it all down. Has the tillotson carb on it- what is the general consensus on that vs a walbro? The air box looks clean, missing an oil cap and B/C outer cover. Don't think I will worry about putting a chain brake on it, unless I happen across a donor specimen for cheep. Will post progress as it comes along. :rock:

Check your DSP while you are at it. Nice saw BTW. Ron

Back