McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a very crusty, white death covered 7-10 but it had a nice dawg on it and I figured I saved a few bucks over ordering it online. I won't have any pics till next week.

Joey stopped by one day with his 82 cc saws, I added mine for the photo shoot as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

CAD at it's worst.

Mark, we're going to help you through this. Just send one to as many members as possible - EXCEPT LEEHA.

sp 125

Hi

Here another sp 125 (not c) with nearly unused engine!
Gas tank leaks .I have a nos tank (black),considering to replace it.The saw would be all black then exept cylinder is yellow.

The spruce is NOT for felling,It has to survive as Long as possible!

E.

Last edited:
I was just tearing into my latest mac, a nice clean 250. When taking the boot off the sparkplug, the lead pulled out of the coil..... Didnt see anyway it was held on? Is this fixable, or do I need a new coil?

I was just tearing into my latest mac, a nice clean 250. When taking the boot off the sparkplug, the lead pulled out of the coil..... Didnt see anyway it was held on? Is this fixable, or do I need a new coil?

On the large frame Macs the plug wire threads onto a stud (looks like a wood screw) in the coil body. The wire is thankfully replaceable.

On the large frame Macs the plug wire threads onto a stud (looks like a wood screw) in the coil body. The wire is thankfully replaceable.

That is so nice to hear. I was worried I had another basket case long term project.
I guess I should be able to get it going tomorrow then. Just need to remove whatever bug or carbon that is keeping it from passing TDC, and get rid of the (literally) 40 year old gas. Should be a good mornings work. Not bad for a $50 mcculloch 250... I love swap meets. :D I think that makes 5 saws this week. At this rate I will loose count soon.

PM800 .. Day 4

Hello, all .... after a LOT of thinking and a couple conversations with Joey, we are now well on our way. Tore it back down today to vanquish the demons tormenting me .... checked/rechecked/aligned and I thinks we're good to go. I'm furloughed this week, so next update should be relatively soon.

Back