McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buzz, I have a 7-55 as well. Very manageable to carry by yourself. I think with a decent size bar and a set of dogs wouldnt be too hard to do. Ive tried the DA-211, but cant get any leverage with no dogs.

Have fun working on it :) Mine doesnt run yet, although it has popped, and flooded itself multiple times. I had it down to about 5 minute tear down time. hah

Mcculloch collection

I've had a few of the branded weedeaters pretty decent. I just have started on my collection so far a non running 380, major air leakage, a promac 610 24 inch pretty decent saw cuts and runs great. Got it in non running shape after been sitting 3 years new fuel line and fresh gas started right up. Gotta say from the few my friends have had these things usualy don't die no matter how long they have sat. Got a line on several more.

Well after some checking I do have a SP60. If anyone has an air filter cover they could part with I would be glad to purchase or trade........

Randy, I think I saw one in the pile at a shop I frequent. If you don't turn one up I will try to get by there in the next couple of days.

On edit: Nevermind, saw that you have one coming.

Buzz, I have a 7-55 as well. Very manageable to carry by yourself. I think with a decent size bar and a set of dogs wouldnt be too hard to do. Ive tried the DA-211, but cant get any leverage with no dogs.

Have fun working on it :) Mine doesnt run yet, although it has popped, and flooded itself multiple times. I had it down to about 5 minute tear down time. hah

Thanks LP, good to know. I pulled the muffler and the piston looks like new. Filed the points and I have great spark. I may have flooded it already, it didn't even pop.

The sprocket has only the slightest sign of wear. I'm heading back out shortly to give it another try. I'll do a compression test.

Woohoo!

Compression was 125 at 10 pulls. It had a fuel leak a the primer assembly - missing screw.

I replaced the screw, put the sparkplug back in and gave it one pull......started right up. I didn't run it long since the muffler is still off and I didn't want the neighbors in the next county complaining about the noise. Gawrsh, this this barks!

Clean up has started. I will be cleaning and painting some parts but it's doubtful I'll do the whole saw.

BTW, the chain is 3/4 x .075. I thought I read somewhere that it takes a 5/16" file to sharpen it. Anyone know for sure?

Now remember that this guy is probably 20 years younger than he looks. Ron

attachment.php

View attachment 301057

I posted this over in the old mag thread, too ..

Anyone here have a Walbro SDC-20 they can part with?

Was on some Mac 125 models ..

Please PM me .. thanks!

My first mac in well into the restoration. I am in need of some parts help. Does anyone have a top airbox cover that will fit a super 55a? I also need a rear handle. Judging from where the broken mag is, I think it was stored hanging by the bar, and fell one day. Landed handle first, than ended up resting upside down.
There is some scoring, and it looks like it sucked some rocks in at one point? It is very minor. It still had strong compression. Felt like over 140. A little lapping film to clean the piston, and a very light honing of the liner, and it should be good to go. Rings even seem good?
I already have my eye on what's either a 1-76 or a 1-86 for my second mac.

Not a bad first mac, eh?

Latest posts

Back