McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ole timer calls the shop this morning says he has some Mac's and a few others for sale I said could you check the models so he did..I said without looking at any of them will you take $300.00 for all of them....I'm picking them up after lunch:msp_w00t: He said all ran a few years ago..works for me:msp_w00t::clap::clap:

2 10-10's
1 250
1 1-75:msp_w00t:
1 Original 797:msp_w00t:

Homes 707G
Super XL

Reds
111-S:msp_w00t:

Ted - check your PM's

Oregon - I will give you $300 for the 797 and 111s, even pay shipping and you get all the rest of the saws for free...

Mark

I have plenty of the 797's now it's the 111-S that has my attention. I know you still need an original 797 let me look it over and I'll let you know condition and we'll take it from there...I can build you a original 797 with thin rings as I have enough parts to build a couple 797's now or can send you the main parts and you can build it yourself ..just finished the Super 797G build:msp_w00t:

Ter
Cascade Saw

I have a good start on a 797 up on the shelf, but it is a thick ring version if I recall correctly. No real identifying numbers any where but the bore is right, and it has a black top so I am thinking it should be correct.

Once I get it down and apart I will know a lot more about what may be needed to make it whole again.

Mark

I have a good start on a 797 up on the shelf, but it is a thick ring version if I recall correctly. No real identifying numbers any where but the bore is right, and it has a black top so I am thinking it should be correct.

Once I get it down and apart I will know a lot more about what may be needed to make it whole again.

Mark

Sure I have all the parts to make it whole all in all if it has a black top it's a original if no one has messed with it prior. I have all sorts of carb apps for that as well but I'll bet you have the same. I run the SDC's on my Supers and HL's on the original I have extra there as well also new condensors and seals and one piece bearings from Ives Racing in Socal.

Ter

At least now my PM800 will be 'complete' ...

NICE! That grip won't fit your PM800. You have my shipping address.:jester:

Ole timer calls the shop this morning says he has some Mac's and a few others for sale I said could you check the models so he did..I said without looking at any of them will you take $300.00 for all of them....I'm picking them up after lunch. He said all ran a few years ago..works for me.

2 10-10's
1 250
1 1-75:msp_w00t:
1 Original 797:msp_w00t:

Homes 707G
Super XL

Reds
111-S

Great score Terry!:clap:

I have plenty of the 797's now it's the 111-S that has my attention. I know you still need an original 797 let me look it over and I'll let you know condition and we'll take it from there...I can build you a original 797 with thin rings as I have enough parts to build a couple 797's now or can send you the main parts and you can build it yourself ..just finished the Super 797G build:msp_w00t:

Ter
Cascade Saw

Sure I have all the parts to make it whole all in all if it has a black top it's a original if no one has messed with it prior. I have all sorts of carb apps for that as well but I'll bet you have the same. I run the SDC's on my Supers and HL's on the original I have extra there as well also new condensors and seals and one piece bearings from Ives Racing in Socal.

Ter

Terry we're going to have to talk about a 797 in a bit.

If I only had the capital some of you have I'd have a few nice saws. But I live from job to job and alot of my money goes back into equipment. The pains of having a small business.

If I only had the capital some of you have I'd have a few nice saws. But I live from job to job and alot of my money goes back into equipment. The pains of having a small business.

I didn't have this many when I started (and still don't have very many nice saws)

In business use, some of these older saws are probably best used as little as possible since parts are only going to become more and more scarce.

I've got more projects than runners. And two of the projects are real nice saws, one needs oiler work and the other needs a new or rebuilt/refreshed engine.

It adds up real fast, I tell you. Three sets of NOS 82cc piston rings cost me more than a decent running slightly ugly Husky 55 would.

PM605/610/650 parts are available pretty readily, but some prices of those parts are utterly insane. 10-10's are good to run, plenty of parts for those yet. The 380, once running, you'd have to do something really stupid to kill it. So go ahead and run that one.

Only with a BP-1 or something rare like a Super 797 would you want to avoid running it to uselessness.

Let me know when you get the 610 and 380 done. I will see if I can come up with something for your next project.

Oh, and I ran into a few small issues looking at some of the external 82cc class parts I have.

1: some need repairs
2: some need repairs
3: some need replacement
4: some need repairs
5: none need paint.

I might have this engine mostly ready to go tonight. Had to mow the lawn today, and I had vertigo this morning, if you're wondering why so little got done.

The intake boot looks really good for being 30 years old. Very little cracking (all on the outside of the boot) and it's very flexible and soft yet with no cracks on the inside. Even so, I might carefully apply some RTV to the cracks to help support the rubber and keep it from getting worse.

NICE! That grip won't fit your PM800. You have my shipping address.:jester:

Great score Terry!:clap:

Terry we're going to have to talk about a 797 in a bit.
E..I don't like to lie but my score today was as follows I just got back and he took $250.00 for all that you see below and none of those are junk 740 and one 797 had nice roller nose and the 250 has the HL-63:hmm3grin2orange:

2 10-10A
1 10-10S
2 3-10 DSP
3 PM55
1 740
1 1-76
1 250
2 797

Reds
1 111-S
1 601

Homies
1 926

Poulan
1 3700

E..I don't like to lie but my score today was as follows I just got back and he took $250.00 for all that you see below and none of those are junk 740 and one 797 had nice roller nose and the 250 has the HL-63:hmm3grin2orange:

2 10-10A
1 10-10S
2 3-10 DSP
3 PM55
1 740
1 1-76
1 250
2 797

Reds
1 111-S
1 601

Homies
1 926

Poulan
1 3700

It needs said: You Suck! :hmm3grin2orange:
Congrats on the awesome haul.
Jim

2 10-10A
1 10-10S
2 3-10 DSP
3 PM55
1 740
1 1-76
1 250
2 797

Reds
1 111-S
1 601

Homies
1 926

Poulan
1 3700

Great score Terry, And all for two fitty. Can't beat that.
I got's plenty of them piece O junks 797's so i won't
bug you for it. But if you plan on moving the J red 601
i may be interested depending on price and condition.
But i wouldn't blame you if you keep them all.

Congrats

Lee

I got to use the macs again today. I didn't get the pics of the tree before we started but I at least I got some proof

In this pic you can see the tree is down and the majority of the trunk had been pulled away.
u3e9udav.jpg

It was close to the house. But at least it stood straight and was weighted evenly.
debu8a2y.jpg

You can see the tree piled up by the street.
azaby7ud.jpg

Here is the trunk. The owner asked if we could save the bushes. I left plenty of hinge so the the tree would stay on the stump and cut it about 3 feet off the ground. We then removed the trunk piece by piece to save the bushes.
patezequ.jpg

All done.
unyjy7a8.jpg

2 10-10A
1 10-10S
2 3-10 DSP
3 PM55
1 740
1 1-76
1 250
2 797

Reds
1 111-S
1 601

Homies
1 926

Poulan
1 3700

Terry that's one of the best scores I've seen in some time. The 2 797's, the 111S, and the 9-26 really caught my attention.

Got given a Mac 130. Now I see the hate people have for these mini macs. Someone crossed the sparkplug threads the fuel line is trashed. And needless to say it takes a complete gutting just to work on it. Think it's going to stay apart unless I really need a small saw. On the up side it does run if you pour gas down the carb. So if someone really wants this thing just let me know. Guy has a 120 and a few other small Mac's and a v professional series. He gave me this one because he didn't feel like fixing it and didn't know what was wrong with it.

Back