McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reviewing Masterminds thread about cleaning up a cylinder. I have a few parts coming and will update when I begin to clean up the cylinder.

Thanks Ron.

Jeff, clean that cylinder good. If you use reading glasses - wear them when you inspect your work. If you don't, ... well I would rather not say what might happen, but it won't be pretty. If rebuilt properly, I believe this could become one of your favorite saws. Ron

Looking around Craigslist:

00K0K_7kd2aXOl06e_50x50c.jpg
http://joplin.craigslist.org/grd/4926267078.html

PM 1000 $450.00

I agree Mark. I had one that seemed to be in good shape but I got rid of it because of what you just said, not a very impressive saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the SP 81 is going back together after cleaning up the cylinder (the MM method). New parts include: pulse line, both crank seals, "B" piston w/ rings, carb kit , rear a/v, coil, condenser & points. Forgot the new fuel line. Will have to order one tonight. Tested the oiler, working good.

All I need to do is mount the top.

Question: Can I install a new fuel line without taking the tank apart? I'd like to get the top mounted tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

jeff

Well the SP 81 is going back together after cleaning up the cylinder (the MM method). New parts include: pulse line, both crank seals, "B" piston w/ rings, carb kit , rear a/v, coil, condenser & points. Forgot the new fuel line. Will have to order one tonight. Tested the oiler, working good.

All I need to do is mount the top.

Question: Can I install a new fuel line without taking the tank apart? I'd like to get the top mounted tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

jeff

Yes, just manipulate it through with the fuel cap off. Ron

I am sure there are tasks that the PM1000/Partner 100 are great at, but for me I will use other saws before I run the 1000. Perhaps a really fresh saw is nice, but the one I have is not that impressive.

View attachment 417238

Mark
Hi Mark this is the post that shows a 7-10 with a right hand starter, but maybe just has the wrong AC cover. The PO has sent some extra pics but not any that clear anything up. I've asked for more but no response so far.

Lee

Latest posts

Back