McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, working on getting the 7-10 put back together and have run into a snag. Along with the points box I have 2 felt washers and 2 thin plastic washers. I am assuming the felt washers are to seal the points box but I don't remember the order and my computer suddenly wont open my 10 series service manual pdf.
Anyone have a parts diagram of these? Thanks.

Also, I have a new fuel tank gasket but what is everyone using to seal the two halves of the airbox end of the fuel tank assembly? It had some kind of like sticky black tar in there when I took it apart.

Hey guys, working on getting the 7-10 put back together and have run into a snag. Along with the points box I have 2 felt washers and 2 thin plastic washers. I am assuming the felt washers are to seal the points box but I don't remember the order and my computer suddenly wont open my 10 series service manual pdf.
Anyone have a parts diagram of these? Thanks.

IPL attached

Attachments

• McCulloch-Gas-Chain-Saws-Parts-Manuals-12-600052A-7-10A-10-71-to-12-75-IPL-91123.pdf
    399.7 KB · Views: 8
Picked up the Pro Mac 55 yesterday. Opening it up for inspection and cleaning. Question fellas, fuel tank top cover need to be removed for any bolts inside?
She has great compression. Hope all is well as someone has cut wood without the air filter. Numbnuts some folks!

No but there is a bolt that comes up through from the oil tank so the oil tank cover needs to come off. Sometimes it is missing resulting in an oil leak from
The top of the tank.

Thank you 2broke
Got her all apart, cleaned up everything
Gapped points tightened flywheel aligned with key ( it was missing)
Cleaned corroded bar oiling port
Cleaned carb new gaskets and a couple squirts of fuel and it runs!
Do all these have a fixed hi speed carb?
Need to make a chain tensioning nut and get another bar nut. Then see how it does. Not sure the auto oiler is putting out yet.

Looking at the McCulloch carburetor usage guide I would say yes, the PM55's all came with a fixed H jet. There may be a few others with the larger bore and "internal" idle speed adjustment that would work on the PM55, SDC19, SDC20, SDC37 but I don't know about the style and placement of the adjustable jets. I changed carburetors on one of my SP125's to one with an adjustable H but the linkages and adjustment were different so accessing it to adjust is difficult.

Mark

Looking for assistance on re-installing and resetting starter rope on a Mac D30
863bf152cf0b22aea0da9e073052a8fb.jpg

Erik

Remove the flywheel cover, insert a screw driver in the slot and slowly turn CCW until you can remove the pin (pulled partially out in the photo to make it easier to see), wind the rope in with a few extra turns to maintain tension, then replace the pin. You may have to wiggle the red gear a bit to get the pin to come out.

DSC02659.JPG

Mark

Remove the flywheel cover, insert a screw driver in the slot and slowly turn CCW until you can remove the pin (pulled partially out in the photo to make it easier to see), wind the rope in with a few extra turns to maintain tension, then replace the pin. You may have to wiggle the red gear a bit to get the pin to come out.

View attachment 642949

Mark

Once the pin is out and rope handle is all the way wound, is spring tensioned by turning back CW and inserting pin ?

Erik

Anyone have one of these? It's the carb spacer from a 7-10. I screwed up and obviously mine is no longer viable.
130783b4fbf2cff5eec450b2d0c07e13.jpg

POP QUIZ How far will one tank on a SP125C go in greater than bar length wood (33" bar)?

A. Farther than me.
B. Farther than two tanks of a Chinacom 660.
C. A long long ways.
D. All of the above.

Helpful hints below.

Brian and I did a little after work bucking today on a large red oak. I just took two saws. Caught Brian by surprise, he didn't have his PM800 ready so he brought his Chinacom 660.

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

Helpful Hints to pop quiz.

ME - almost 9 cuts

IMG_3010.JPG

MAC - about 10 1/2 cuts
IMG_3018.JPG

Chinacom 660 cut the small end and a few cuts on some 30"+ sections that are behind the main stem. Used two tanks before some embedded metal took out Brian chain.

I dare say with a properly sharpen chain the SP125C could have bucked the entire stem with enough remaining fuel to make a couple more cuts.

Got to hand it to McCulloch - the 125s are great saws.

Oh, the correct answer is D - All of the above.

Ron

I think sp125c's might just get the best mileage of any 7 cube saw and will do more big work per gallon than many 6 cube or 90cc saws. They just chug at lower rpm without taxing themselves or breaking a sweat. After several (over half a dozen) 50" cuts in Big Leaf Maple, White Oak, and pitchy Doug Fir, I have kept checking my tank and it still seems to always have plenty in it. The lower rpm is less taxing on fuel, and to the operator as well.

Once the pin is out and rope handle is all the way wound, is spring tensioned by turning back CW and inserting pin

Now I am less certain, I am sure that you will figure it out once you are in there. It may be that you wind the spring CW and let it pull the rope in. I haven't been in a starter for 3 or 4 years.

Mark

Now I am less certain, I am sure that you will figure it out once you are in there. It may be that you wind the spring CW and let it pull the rope in. I haven't been in a starter for 3 or 4 years.

Mark

Thx. I think that is it. Ruff pull though. Mite play with cord length, there mite be too much on there

Erik

Latest posts

Back