McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went back out to take another look and got creative. The old spring was about 50% intact and 50% stretched out. I used a small piece of wire to pull the old spring through the new line until the munged up part got to the line end. Then I shoved a WD40 spray nozzle (red tube) into the good part of the spring inside the line and used the tube to wrap the old spring around it. Got it snug enough to approximate a spring and coils fairly evenly spaced and then I was able to push/pull it in the rest of the way. Salvaged! Sometimes it's good to be lazy and not want to look around for the right new part.

Thanks for the tips though.

Rob

Bp1 test run
with "all purpose carb"
131f9de419b3939ae7011e52a2ff48f6.jpg
65833bb9af681287bf177ad5a16906aa.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G928F mit Tapatalk

What's the corresponding Permatex product to Threebond 1184? Ultra Grey or Motoseal? Both are about $5-6 on Amazon vs. almost 20 for Threebond. I don't get into the city that frequently to get to a auto parts place.

Rob

Wow, that one is in nice condition!

I got a SP81 last year that was in fairly decent visual condition but seems to have a compression issue so isn't runable. Waiting to complete my PM800 before digging into that one.

Rob

I know mark didn't get it, as he's out on the west coast at the moment, unless he's got someone snagging saws for him in his absence lol. I wouldn't put it past him.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Well, if it had to go somewhere other than here, it found a deserving home

Mark, I hope that's not the case. Would really make me sick if it were

What's the corresponding Permatex product to Threebond 1184? Ultra Grey or Motoseal? Both are about $5-6 on Amazon vs. almost 20 for Threebond. I don't get into the city that frequently to get to a auto parts place.

Rob

Motoseal.

Not sure about Ultra Grey. It doesn't say it's fuel resistant where Motoseal does. I have had great results with the Motoseal.

Back