McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find anything good for me? Lol safe travels mark.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I'll be having to make a trip up soon.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Motoseal.

Not sure about Ultra Grey. It doesn't say it's fuel resistant where Motoseal does. I have had great results with the Motoseal.

OK, thanks. The Ultra Grey and Optimum Grey both say "oil resistant" but not specifically gasoline. Of course, those are the two available via Amazon with Prime shipping. Motoseal will ship on the slow boat. Maybe I'll see if some auto part store around here has Motoseal. Or maybe I can get through a town with a Honda or Yamaha dealer for some Hondabond or Yamabond.

Thanks,
Rob

All should be about the same price if you shop -- with Dirko probably running a little higher. A tube of Threebond 1184 should only be around $8 ~ $9. Amazon pricing will likely be higher than most other sources, btw. Spend some time on the bay and you'll save quite a bit with any of these products and still probably get 3 ~ 4 day shipping.

All should be about the same price if you shop -- with Dirko probably running a little higher. A tube of Threebond 1184 should only be around $8 ~ $9. Amazon pricing will likely be higher than most other sources, btw. Spend some time on the bay and you'll save quite a bit with any of these products and still probably get 3 ~ 4 day shipping.

Amazon has Ultra Grey and Optimum Grey for just over $5 and Motoseal is only about $6. But the shipping time is the difference for me. My replacement rings should be here soon so I want to get back to assembling. I'm impatient!

Rob

Some older saws for sale cheap here in MN (twin cities metro area) if anyone is interested. I'm not involved in this at all, but I watch CL and keep my eyes open. This stuff isn't my cup of tea but there are a couple there I haven't seen before...

00m0m_4uF2zxFCjBE_1200x900.jpg

00202_3QnCp0RGY22_1200x900.jpg

00303_cSFLIuwx4V_1200x900.jpg

Several other old brands too: David Bradley, Remington, more. I don't know if it is appropriate to post a link to the ad, so if you want to find it just look in the Minneapolis CL for "Eight vintage chainsaws antique McCulloch".

Rob

When I was on another forum they had a spot just for posting by members of Ebay & CL saws for sale.Some of course gave almost everyone a chuckle,but others were good deals.I don't know if AS has that here?
ED

Check out... CL/Spokane/for sale/chainsaw/ bunch of 10 series on there.. O ya,, I just happen to live in Spokane

Check out... CL/Spokane/for sale/chainsaw/ bunch of 10 series on there.. O ya,, I just happen to live in Spokane

That's a LOT of old Macs! Also saw an ad for an 850 for $865. Seems a bit on the optimistic side. They can't really fetch that much out there, can they?

Rob

Thanks again for the tips and help on sealant for the case halves on my PM800. I stopped by the local cycle dealer and got a tube of Hondabond, which is actually Threebond 1194. I think the local auto parts place may have had Permatex Motoseal but this seems to be the preferred stuff. I should now have enough to seal 429 cases, should I need it. ;-)

Rob

Wellllllllllllll......................do you have them yet? ;)
The SP80 looks nice, but you never know how bad of shape they're in until you get there.

Latest posts

Back