McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been 2 years coming, complete with lots of frustration and shelving this saw twice. Well i finally had enough of trying to deal with the Mac carb. Contacted Mark, and he set me up with the proper Tilly. The 440 lives!!!!!! She pulls hard too!!
Anyone have a bar around? I think I'd like to do a 28. Wanna go 3/8 .050 because i buy it in bulk. I believe a large mount husky bar can be modified to work????

Here's a couple pics of my model 47 that I just got done fixing up. Very cool saw, its complicated but the parts were so well made and engineered. I put a .404-8 pin sprocket on and Oregon 59L chisel chain. had to make some custom sprocket spacers to offset it to make up the spacing difference between the old style sprocket that had a hub on it, and the 'newer' gear drive sprocket. It runs great and it's as heavy as it looks!

20180726_201509.jpg 20180726_201523.jpg

It has been 2 years coming, complete with lots of frustration and shelving this saw twice. Well i finally had enough of trying to deal with the Mac carb. Contacted Mark, and he set me up with the proper Tilly. The 440 lives!!!!!! She pulls hard too!!
Anyone have a bar around? I think I'd like to do a 28. Wanna go 3/8 .050 because i buy it in bulk. I believe a large mount husky bar can be modified to work????

Well i got a bar coming from a guy on Facebook. He says its a 32 but based on the numbers I think its gonna be the same 34 that I have on my 380 which is fine with me.

Hey guys im having oil pump issues and I've noticed the impulse disk is no longer snug in the "bore" of the pump. Where can I buy these? I have had a reasonable hunt round with no luck. There lots of complete pumps available but that seems expensive and silly.

I found this while cleaning out my grandfather's shed. I was pretty stoked. I know it's missing a bar oil plug though. Any idea if it's a saw worth messing around with?
46c21331f242cd8bdef9d9d317c067b2.jpg
b034743593dedf79a6a891b8bf75ac40.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10 series auto pumps. They seem to pump fine when pushing the disk by hand but no go in the saw so I assumed the disk is warn out or am I missing something else?

Is the disk firmly on the push rod? If not, you need to replace the o ring that holds it. Otherwise the disk won’t cycle. You can push it down but it might not come back up - only the push rod.

I had the disks break in the center but seems unlikely that they or the cylinder would wear much if they are only moving oil.

Ron

Is the disk firmly on the push rod? If not, you need to replace the o ring that holds it. Otherwise the disk won’t cycle. You can push it down but it might not come back up - only the push rod.

I had the disks break in the center but seems unlikely that they or the cylinder would wear much if they are only moving oil.

Ron

Yea its on the rod ok it just seems very sloppy in the hole and the previous owners had been useing waste oil:( on both saws.

I guess I should have said “clean oil”. eBay usually has both fiber and metal disks listed. If something is worn out I am not sure which it would be - the disk or the plastic cylinder or both. Ron

Back