McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful day here - started at 31* then warmed up to 55*.

Some PM800 handiwork.

Tall dead poplar.
View attachment 685261

Live Red Oak in decline. Heavy lean on first stem. I wanted to swing it to the left but it decided to fall with a five inch thick hinge before I started my taper . View attachment 685264

Second stem waited for the taper and fell perfectly.
View attachment 685263

First stem on bottom. Second stem on top. PM800 in for the first buck at 17'.
View attachment 685262

Another large dead poplar.
View attachment 685265

Owe the adjoining landowner a T-Post as a result of the misbehaving oak. Dead center hit.
View attachment 685272

Brian had his 800 humming as well as his 1010S.

Ron

I had a big Red Oak go early this summer also.
b5ad13649ceafe31b2ea8953e6d884ce.jpg

That was 39” across: bad photo angle, I
Know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hsell, not much holding wood on yours with all that rot.

Poge, maybe a drone. Nothing is safe on the ground around me.

Ron

No Sir.

It looked Healthy, but the P.O. wanted it down.

We are both glad he did now, as it was 20’ off the back of his shop & over 90’ tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

well fella's after a long four days of a burnt up well motor and after a fire in the bathroom on the same day the well burnt up and putting that out with no water i did get some mactime in today was excited to run my 850 again after it blew some weeks ago did have it running not long after but with a q port top end and some modifications after doing all that a week later looking for pull start cover for a mini i trip a fell into a box of body parts i found an 850 top end i forgot i had so after undoing all i done to make the q port be happy with the 850 cover mounts it was back together as it should be and desided i would just use that q port to put the DE back together and was surprised that i had all the pieces and screws to so its together except the carb got a new old 32 chrome! sandvik windsor bar last week just for the 850 damn it looks good on it and in my excitement forgot to take any pictures but was a good stress relieving day hanging out with my good friend today racing my macs against his stihls even ran his o66 magnum for a few its a good saw think my super 80 and 850 has a little more pull but i am partial[emoji3] super 80 quit firing in the middle of a race had to hear that one the rest of the day 700 held its own and the 805 but they all lost the race but not by as much as he thought they would hell i was impressed to but my mini 35 won against his 1000 dallor! whatever its called stihl limbing saw [emoji3] just a fun day with a good friend

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back to page 1496 or so, I reckon Tim's SP80 had a narrow full wrap bar and someone added the clutch cover with a brake. The only way to pull the cover is to loosen the screws holding the handle to the saw so someone took a short cut and just removed the outer wrap of the handle.

IMAG0606.jpg

Mark

P.S. The site has certainly been experiencing issues, when will folks learn to leave well enough alone?

Back to page 1496 or so, I reckon Tim's SP80 had a narrow full wrap bar and someone added the clutch cover with a brake. The only way to pull the cover is to loosen the screws holding the handle to the saw so someone took a short cut and just removed the outer wrap of the handle.

View attachment 685501

Mark

P.S. The site has certainly been experiencing issues, when will folks learn to leave well enough alone?
that is a skinny one dont think ive seen one like that

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Dam waste oil... It's like an inch thick behind the starter what does a greenie say about cutting up trees with waste oil? Haha any way kinda preserves stuff I guess the man I got this off has been known to have a drum of waste oil beside his log pile and just dunk the whole bar in it dont think this had that treatment though it got saved in time. Had to work at him he didn't want to let it go he knew what he had but knows I really love these and have a passion for them.20181119_225843.jpg
The muffler is fairly sad looking but other wise not bad just a tad shabby like back of a ute sorta shabby its got a 24inch hard nose on it would rather a 20 I think
20181119_225853.jpg
Can anyone tell me a Year with this number? It has a pop up decomp valve. Sorry for the stink picture.
20181119_224730.jpg
How many macs is a positive diagnosis of yellow fever? I have 3 pm 10-10s now a 7-10 a pm700 n 800. A mate dropped off a mccinder block that seems to run fine too

How many macs is a positive diagnosis of yellow fever?

More than one 10-10.

And the '12' serial number prefix would be around 1974 maybe? (according to one of the IPL's I have). Not sure about the all yellow tank and air filter cover era, though. Thought they were typically black. Wish I had one to check. LOL

7-10 be pretty happy w/20. get yer chain long nuff for 8p.

8 ya recon ok mite look into that

More than one 10-10.

And the '12' serial number prefix would be around 1974 maybe? (according to one of the IPL's I have). Not sure about the all yellow tank and air filter cover era, though. Thought they were typically black. Wish I had one to check. LOL

Well Poge there are worse addictions too have eh.
Thanks for the number searching i spose as we all know any or all or none of these 10 series saws and bits can be swapped around so it may have the rong cover on or who knows. Seems like mac themselves kinda just made saws out of what ever ways lying around at times

Not sure if anyone here is using them but I thought folks might like to see what I came up with to hook.the choke up when using a Chinese Stihl 070 carb in a Mac.
First I removed the choke shaft and flipped it around. Then I ground the original arm off. I took the shaft to the hardware store and found a fender washer that was a snug interference fit, I tapped it onto the end of the shaft and then brazed it in place. A little drilling and some grinding, add a return spring and it should work just fine
044b992cc74beff2377eff3aa24f34cf.jpg
131ac7163acc358ba788462f5f851be9.jpg
dc65fae757c9ccb1a7a4af91ee99baa8.jpg

Latest posts

Back