McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell you that those E3 plugs have been in my chainsaws for years and years and they seem to work just fine. Not sure what the problem is.

There’s also no problem with OEM spec’ed spark plugs either. I have probably had more failures out of standards spark plugs or maybe about the same numbers as the E3.

Anyone know where a guy could get some repop air cleaner decals?

This guy may be another possibility...

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/chainsawfun...BaaPzP:rk:8:pf:0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

And wouldn't ya know it..., I put my SP81 decal someplace where it would be safe until I could get around to putting it on and now I can't find it! Wanted to make sure I had the time to go through the whole application and curing process which actually takes awhile. Now it'll probably take me that long just to figure out where I stashed it.

Anyway, here's the original and a paper prototype for final fitting adjustments. Ended up being perfect except for the little bit of roughness around the tank hole as I previously mentioned. Joe did everything just using pictures and measurements. I imagine the guy in Wisconson would probably work the same way. His SP81 offering looks pretty much like mine, though Joe did use multiple layers on vinyl with foil instead of just printing everything on one layer. I'll post a pic when I find it.

0123172053_resized.jpg

0330172028_resized.jpg

Drizzling rain today so only a tiny amount of PM 800 cutting. Spent my day off yesterday repairing my tractor and working on my boom. I have a little more work to do like figuring out a good way to carry my MACs. Anyway today, the 800 cut straight and the boom worked great pulling some red oak out of a small ravine .

I thought the 800 was in the pictures but the Deere hogged the shot.

Ron

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_3892.JPG

Was looking at your 440_ is the data plate around the gas tank filler legible on your saw - I am looking for a good photo of the plate so I can have one made at a graphics shop to complete my restoration

Planning on firing up my 101 Kart saw tonight for the 1st time and got to wondering what octane those motor require? Does anyone know what is required? I did a little search and found nothing.

I have feeling 90 night not be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking at your 440_ is the data plate around the gas tank filler legible on your saw - I am looking for a good photo of the plate so I can have one made at a graphics shop to complete my restoration
If you where addressing me, no, sorry. The Data plate around the fuel cap is missing on my 440. All that is there is the part that says "440"

Hey guy, I got my grandpas 1-70 running well. It will idle all day and revs nice although I have yet to put the chain and bar on it as of yet. I am having 2 problems;
1: the carb is leaking around the diaphragms and I have gone through 2 separate tillotson go kits, I need to put a pressure tester on it with soapy water to find exact leak but any help would be appreciated for ideas.
2: the pins that hold the starter paws are worn. Can I pull the clutch apart and try to restake them? I did that somewhat already and it lasted for about 30 pulls or until it started and the rpm’s spun them.
Any suggestions would be appreciated fellas.

Roger Bennet (AKA chainsaw fun) just prints on the vinyl from a photo, photo copy, or photoshop modification. He normally indicates that his decals are not intended to be reproduction quality.

The 101 is not a high compression engine, 90 is fine but 88 is certainly enough.

Pressure test the HL to be certain where it is leaking. The fuel inlet section is often a problem and many kits do not have the different gaskets needed. You should be able to re-stake the rivets. Don't be bashful.

These are the only 440 photos I have in the computer.

DSCN0803.jpg
DSCN0685.jpg
Mark

Mark,
Thanks for your response. I will pressure test the carb and see what I find. I seem to be short 1 gasket between the bottom 2 plates that in the diagrams show 3 but have only got 2 in the kits. I will also restake the pins in the starter with more force. Thanks again!

Sir- That top pjoto is kinda what I am Looking for = just wish I could read it and get the layout = Its just the part around the fuel cap that I need.

Sir- That top pjoto is kinda what I am Looking for = just wish I could read it and get the layout = Its just the part around the fuel cap that I need.

I just blew up the image and was able to read it. You can probably do the same if you want to screen-shot it for someone to copy/print from, though some text is blurred/missing in the pic.

Here's the actual text:

TO START
Put switch
on Prime
Engine Open
Throttle
Pull starter
Quickly
FUEL MIX
??oz can
McCulloch
Oil (20:1) or
1 pint SAE 40
(16:1) to 2 U.S.
Gal reg gas

Text is in all caps in some san-serif font. Hope that helps.

Rob

TO START
PUT SWITCH
ON PRIME
ENGINE OPEN
THROTTLE
PULL STARTER
QUICKLY
FUEL MIX
??? OZ CAN
McCULLOCH
OIL (20:1) OR
1 PINT SAE 40
(16:1) TO TWO U.S.
GALS REG GAS

Ron

Thanks Mark for the reply!

Well guys I’m out of commission for a while, he’d the 101 running for a little bit then died before I could fine tune. Upon trying to start again it popped and about took my ring finger with it lol. Sooo it will be a while before I attempt to start it again lol

In the meantime while my hand heals I’m going to try and retrofit a decomp valve and adding a D-handle for starting.

I see I type too slow. Ron

LOL! Beat you to it!

The missing ounces number is probably 12 or 13. A 20:1 ratio is 6.4oz per gallon and the text refers to 2 gallons so the number has got to be either 12 or 13 (or 12.8 if they are exact, but it doesn't look like there is enough space for the decimal. I think it was a '12' myself...

Rob

Planning on firing up my 101 Kart saw tonight for the 1st time and got to wondering what octane those motor require? Does anyone know what is required? I did a little search and found nothing.

I have feeling 90 night not be enough.

FWIW, I run 110 in my West Bend

Latest posts

Back