McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?I've never had a bad new plug.I can try another one though.
Ed

I have said and thought the same thing. In my case I had a dud. If memory serves correct, I have had two. Thankfully, folks here clued me in on the issue of dud new plugs. I hope this is your fix.

Ron

I've had a couple on bikes. 1 of them cost me a cdi I didnt end up needing 150 bux dam it:( . That bike was trouble I got the crank split and big end bearings done and dam it wouldn't run right went through every thing what a head ach in the end the place that put my crank back together put a rod on from something else and was too short. It would run but not well

Here ya go guys, Chinese carb all modified and mounted in the saw

And the wrench I made because I got sick of fumbling with these carbs.
f40e0697d588e14db2e6d0c3ef172e57.jpg

Anyone know where a guy could get some repop air cleaner decals? Would like them for 1-86 , 1-52 , and 380. Maybe the 440 too. I know the 440 is a two piece decal and maybe the the 1-86 too but not sure on that one. I do not have any originals to copy from.

You can try Sugar Creek Supply. https://www.sugarcreeksupply.net/

Joe Salva is great to deal with, but does this on the side and orders can take awhile since he pretty much makes everything to order from designs he's already done. New designs take quite a bit longer since he's starting from scratch with artwork. He did my SP81 decal pretty much from scratch from a template I sent of the tank indentation along with pics of the old decal/sticker. Took a couple months but turned out pretty nice with the only issue being the hole for the fuel cap being a little rough. I'll try to dig up a couple pics...

And Happy Thanksgiving.

I've got spider web cracks throughout the flywheel.Tim & I discussed this & he said it was from crappy casting.

Seems to be fairly common for the final dip coating to wrinkle, but the flywheel castings are usually still sound. Had one that made me pretty nervous too, but it was just the dip coat wrinkling..., aluminum maybe?

Thanks macfinder and welcome aboard thats a nice collection there your 7-10 looks nice and used too. Hang around mate love to see more of them.

Do the chipped saws run as good as the factory CDI saws Vinny?

Howdy, i can say my experience with them has been great. I use the nova 2 chips. Ive got one in my stihl 015, mac 55, homelite xp1000, mac 125, and sp81. They start much easier and run much better than points IN MY OPINION. Im sure ill be chastised for using them by somebody. But i like them. On my 81 it really made a difference. I thought it ran great before the chip. Wow did it come alive afterwords. Starts easier and runs stronger for sure. So id say yes to your question. Hardest part is trying to mount the chip somewhere thats out of the way. Sorry that took awhile to reply. Been hunting this week.

I’ve been using the NOVA 2 chips for years and had no problems. Just mount them on the opposite side of the cylinder so they don’t get too hot.

Cant find much info on them to answer the advance curve question. I dont know but they will make a saw start easier and some run way better. My sp81 really changed. Runs so much better. Starts alot easier and top end in cut is stronger. I actually had to adjust carburetor cause it wascrunning differently. Id recommend it for any saw in need of help. For 13 dollars and a little time, its hard to beat.

Aw well then they sound like a jolly good thing then if they work right. Points are Chinese to me have never had to learn and the points engines I've had have been ok cross fingers but that's why the chip is lifting the ears up just in case. 2 stroke dirt bikes have a curve in them and newer bikes have a throttle position sensor for the cdi unit to read and real modern stuff have ignition maps to switch between for different power. Now an engine is an engine and good to see an old saw benefit from a bit modern tech

Stripped down the 7-10 today havent pulled the jug but the bore looks sad and on the exhaust side the port was very carboned up to hell and has a couple grooves from dragging some down the bore :( nothing on the piston and it seems to be only below the port as it still has nice compression not that I've tested it. I emptied the tank and to my horror I've found the goose who had it for a while was using waste oil as 2 stroke oil unbelievable I know but yup. Poor saw I nearly shed a tear for it 20181124_100404.jpg
The bearings are still tight so hopefully it didn't get to many tanks of that filth put through it. This man has a shed full of dead saws and now I know why. Not sure where to go from here eather bolt it back together and run it or new rings

So I have 2 new to me saws, a mac 3216 and a 10-10. I need new plugs buy the e3 plugs say that they are the same. Is that true? Odd that a large and small saw uses the same plugs.

It's either e3 or oregon from Lowe's or ebay some other generic ones. I hate waiting on shipping.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I havent heard good things about E3 plugs in anything. You cant buy Champion local?

Latest posts

Back