McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted a 250 and 1-51 in the trading post. Looking to fund another purchase so feel free to have a look

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Started the clean up of a wind blown macrocarpa tree on our biking trails on the way home from work today. It's a fairly big tree for me anyway and way down in a valley over a creek so going to be interesting getting the golden nuggets out:)

Here's a pretty shoddy picture with the 700. View attachment 687243 I realized I'll need the 800 after I got down here Haha someone reported a tree and I thought it would have been one of the willows. So I couldn't resist and chewed off the stump with the 700 any way cos It was going to be grumpy with me if I didn't after bringing her out for the trip Haha.

So here's my first ever YouTube video Yes it's from my fone and not the best of angles. Full comp semi chisel hand filed 25inch. It's kinda slow as it's a dirty bluegum chain really with a steep angle and could do with the soft wood setting on the depth gauges it still effortlessly just chugs on through it however what a nice saw. And yea sounds better now

That video cheered me up ... Raining hard all day . !@ 12 inches snow last sunday to rain for friday , sat,and today.

Jethro, sent you a pm on the handle and hose, can’t thank you enough. That stuffs great

Cool man glad you got it on I couldn't believe how awesome it was so I am happy as someone else agrees. Also I cant take credit for the idea someone else was on here asking about some kind of tube and I just happened to be staring at the stuff and it hit me and did some measuring and bingo a solution.

That video cheered me up ... Raining hard all day . !@ 12 inches snow last sunday to rain for friday , sat,and today.

That's good to hear terrible video but I'll get better. Sorry to hear bout your weather just coming into summer here.

Cool man glad you got it on I couldn't believe how awesome it was so I am happy as someone else agrees. Also I cant take credit for the idea someone else was on here asking about some kind of tube and I just happened to be staring at the stuff and it hit me and did some measuring and bingo a solution.

That's good to hear terrible video but I'll get better. Sorry to hear bout your weather just coming into summer here.
summer... lol a cold day or two away .

Well guys,I'm happy to announce that Fossil was down for a visit with me today & help out some with a few saws.We finally got the Mac 2-10 running like a champ!I rebuilt the carb & Tim made some adjustments,we put it on the saw,gave it a prime & away it went! It was like music to my ears.For thoser of you who didn't know what was going on with this saw,it started back on page 1500.As it turned out the plug wire was shorting out by being run through the engine casing.I changed out the coil & put the plug wire on the outside of the saw & I had spark from the points & condenser,didn't need the chip.I'd changed out the condenser too because when I tested the condenser that was in the saw it was bad.That's most likely why they put a chip in the saw to begin with.
Now the next thing to do is to get an air filter cover for it with an air filter.This might be a problem because the saw has no tags on it anywhere.There are some numbers on the casting on the bottom of the saw.Some of the 2-10's have a slope in the front of the air box,mine has no slope,just a straight drop off.Maybe someone knows which filter & AF cover I need by this description?
Ed

Could you post a pic of your saws from the front view?That'll tell me which saw has the squared off drop rather than the sloped drop.My 2-10 looks like a 10-10 in the front with the squared drop off in front of the tank.
Ed

Latest posts

Back