McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had assumed that your saw was a RH start like mine is.I didn't know that the 7-10 was both RH & LH start.Your 7-10 looks like it cut some wood in it's day.I never got a chance to put mine in any wood yet,just some test cuts.I need to adjust the carb,seems to dog down when it needs to kick itself into high gear.I'll just tweak the lo a bit.
Ed

It has certainly seen a fair bit of wood. I'm pretty sure it was the 6-10 with the right hand pull I could be wrong though. Have you got a right hand pull 7-10?

Well cranked up the new/old muffled 800 today and wow just wow it is not any more louder as it had a missing gasket before but far out it sounds better. It's very crisp and clean sounding not choked up and you can really here its tune now very clear four stroke sound. Still not as loud as the 700 or 7-10 or even the 10-10 but That pop pop tat tat tat tat pop pop idle is there now very happy well worth it and a good satisfying feeling. I really feel fire risk was a big reason for the big mufflers as well as noise and to be honest they did a good job in that respect. View attachment 686971
Also while I remember I had some stripped threads in the starter housing and just for anyone up the same creek M5 is a perfect no drilling required step up. Just grind the head diameter down on counter sunk heads easy peasy:)View attachment 686972

I like the muffler cover.

I like the muffler cover.

Well thank you was kinda just a mock up really to see if I like the sound it somehow muffled it heaps compared to my other Mac's so mite try another design in the future. The way I see it your wearing ear muffs any way so why not let that sweet song flow down the valley

Today's MAC action:

Nice little oak to slice for the main course.
IMG_3907.JPG
IMG_3914.JPG
IMG_3925.JPG
IMG_3929.JPG

The appetizer amounted to 15 of these:
IMG_3913.JPG

Brian's 800, 125 and 6A respectively. He also ran his 610. We burned up every drop of 32 to 1 we had for the 800s.
IMG_3926.JPG
IMG_3931.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG

The Wood Ministry's little Kubota and operator came in handy. Unfortunately, every piece of the main trunk is still on the ground.
IMG_3918.JPG

It was a good day after 12 days of being sick. Brian had my 125 running fine but my chain was so grabby it would pull it out of your hands or stall and smoke the clutch thus the main stem was mostly cut with my 800. I can't tell any power difference between our 800s but they seem like two entirely different saws with their different mufflers and sound. I can't tell any difference between our 125s.

Ron

Upon closer look the second picture is my 800. There would be more chips flying if it was Brian’s.

When we were done one of the guys had to tell Brian about my infamous spiral ham cut from many years back. I bucked a large log down at the lot and managed between a constant drift to the right on both sides of the log and the log being rolled with a skidsteer to not have one cut meet. They compared it to a spiral cut ham. I will never live it down.

Ron

Upon closer look the second picture is my 800. There would be more chips flying if it was Brian’s.

When we were done one of the guys had to tell Brian about my infamous spiral ham cut from many years back. I bucked a large log down at the lot and managed between a constant drift to the right on both sides of the log and the log being rolled with a skidsteer to not have one cut meet. They compared it to a spiral cut ham. I will never live it down.

Ron

Now that is classic. Good job guys nice big tree very cool looks like nice hard work good for the character the soul and the old ticker nice:) A good couple nights burning in that too jeeez what do you guys do with all this wood?

Now that is classic. Good job guys nice big tree very cool looks like nice hard work good for the character the soul and the old ticker nice:) A good couple nights burning in that too jeeez what do you guys do with all this wood?

Brian and I cut for a local firewood ministry that furnishes firewood to folks who can't afford to buy. Pretty good size operation - over 1300 loads last year and hit 500 in November with 4 cold months to go.

Pre-season this past September: Building is full of split wood; pile in middle has been split with a skidsteer splitter into manageable chunks for further splitting. Much of what you see is gone already.
IMG_3720.JPG

Ron

Brian and I cut for a local firewood ministry that furnishes firewood to folks who can't afford to buy. Pretty good size operation - over 1300 loads last year and hit 500 in November with 4 cold months to go.

Pre-season this past September: Building is full of split wood; pile in middle has been split with a skidsteer splitter into manageable chunks for further splitting. Much of what you see is gone already.
View attachment 689097

Ron

That's a really nice thing to do for people and what a great way to run your saws.
If we had something like that here I'd be all over it like a rash.

That's a really nice thing to do for people and what a great way to run your saws.
If we had something like that here I'd be all over it like a rash.
Jethro it might be time you started one in your area. Someone had to start it here. (I don't know the history of this organisation but it has helped so many people) It's like your local volunteer fire department. Someone had to start it some time or other may as well start now and by you. I can tell you it is some hard work but it is a joyous work. And heck it gives you a reason to be out and run your McCullochs. Ron and I call it therapy. It's a good way to give back to your community.
Brian

Back