McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry mate I miss read it was thinking it wasn't running for some reason. They do sound good like a motor bike more than a saw. What does yours sound like compared to the 850 my 800 with the 850 muffler is still not as nice as the 700 and 7-10
yes sir they do sound like bikes i like to get a few out and let them idle together kinda sound like Harley's to me..850 and 710 sound close to me both have the reed in the muffler as my 700 does to and they sound badass together on the idle[emoji2].. not sure the 710 is suppose to have that reed..love the high tops to sound like dirt bikes and i do get them out and let them idle together to[emoji2][emoji2]..i do have one 710 without the reed the only difference to me is it doesnt have the little tink tink..tttink tttink like the 850 does

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

800s and red oak are made for each other. Here's Brian at work with his 800 on a downed red oak.
View attachment 689466

Ron
thats a good one to mr ron i do like cutting red oak dont get to around where i live to much mostly white oak pecan and pine..i like pine the most two stroke and pine together is one of my favorite smells..you two are doing a good thing!

Ditto. But I still want a PM850 to see what all the fuss is about there, too.
i got an two 850s a few months ago rebuilt one twice after it blew lol..honestly it may have more pull than the other 82s but havent run them together to try and feel the difference..chipped my super 80 a few weeks ago made a noticable difference in performance so it may be as good as my 850 now..mabe!

I remember reading Ron's findings that they really arnt that much different. I'm not sold on the filter cover I feel it let's in to many chips as theres no grill or anything there but dont mind the look though. Pick 5 saws the same and theres always going to be 1 or 2 that go better than the rest. I've never laid a hand on a 850 but think I like the sheet metal air shroud better and the exhaust obviously too

I remember reading Ron's findings that they really arnt that much different. I'm not sold on the filter cover I feel it let's in to many chips as theres no grill or anything there but dont mind the look though. Pick 5 saws the same and theres always going to be 1 or 2 that go better than the rest. I've never laid a hand on a 850 but think I like the sheet metal air shroud better and the exhaust obviously too
yeah your right..wonder why that is..like my older pm55 kicks both my 10-10s butt

A bunch of variables I spose many things or 1 who knows lol. I've got a really tidy low hour great compression original bar 10 10 runs like a clock but... maybe I'm spoiled by the 70cc saws but it just doesn't seem to pull very hard like my 500vl probably very close.. maybe it's the hard nose

A bunch of variables I spose many things or 1 who knows lol. I've got a really tidy low hour great compression original bar 10 10 runs like a clock but... maybe I'm spoiled by the 70cc saws but it just doesn't seem to pull very hard like my 500vl probably very close.. maybe it's the hard nose
your right who knows lol but i do have my favorites out of the ones i have even if they are the same ccs

your right who knows lol but i do have my favorites out of the ones i have even if they are the same ccs

Man I just counted like 20 odd Mac's in there that's awesome how long have you been dragging those home?. I've gone from none to 6 since April haha

Man I just counted like 20 odd Mac's in there that's awesome how long have you been dragging those home?. I've gone from none to 6 since April haha
your right 19 in the picture and one off the side that isnt in it and a big box full of mini mac parts enough to put together about six of them as well.. been at it about three years i think was 21 let my 200 go last week to hang in a friends mower shop..to intimidate the echos he sells lol..no where near as many as some of the other guys on here got the ones i wanted just,missing a super 125 and super 250

Cool man yea that's my goal too just a nice little well rounded bunch. I've got 2 10-10s a pm800 a pm700 a 7-10 and a mccinder block 610. Got a box of 310s at my mates too with a couple runners. Hopefully a 850 shows up and a large frame of any sort would be good too and enough parts to keep them all running untle I cant run them any more:)

I hope you find a 125 its unlikely score down here really people all know what they are now thanks to mr Billy ray lol I'm not paying big bucks for one. Bigger place up there and theres still a few hidden in sheds. I'd rather find an 850 to be honest it would be more useful

Cool man yea that's my goal too just a nice little well rounded bunch. I've got 2 10-10s a pm800 a pm700 a 7-10 and a mccinder block 610. Got a box of 310s at my mates too with a couple runners. Hopefully a 850 shows up and a large frame of any sort would be good too and enough parts to keep them all running untle I cant run them any more:)
you got some good ones..lol yep a cinder block is a good way to put those ugly things

I hope you find a 125 its unlikely score down here really people all know what they are now thanks to mr Billy ray lol I'm not paying big bucks for one. Bigger place up there and theres still a few hidden in sheds. I'd rather find an 850 to be honest it would be more useful
but if you had a 125 bet you would find a reason to use it lol..and yeah id have to pay up for one to reason why i dont have one..that billy ray made it harder for sure..we should go relieve him of his mactree just an idea[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Latest posts

Back