McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a fellow call me this morning wondering when I would have the museum open so he could drop off a saw, said he had a McCulloch saw with the book he no longer needed and wanted to give it to me.

View attachment 874584

View attachment 874585

View attachment 874586

View attachment 874587

View attachment 874588

I promised I would give it a good clean up and put it on display in the new shop as I already have an SP60 with the cold weather set up on display in the museum.

View attachment 874600

Mark
Thanks for the pictures, mine needed a muffler and based on the pictures I got the correct one. I still could use the bottom brace but the repaired one on it is functional for now.

Nice Tim does it run?
I'll likely get at it this weekend sometime. It's supposed to run.

My SIL acquired a non running snow blower full of old stinky gas.
It's fun you know to be working on a blower when it's below freezing and your old fingers don't work well.
I need to do some welding repairs on the skids as well.

Scored a Super 6-10 yesterday that is really nice! Going to have to wait on UPS to deliver it and then I'll post up some pictures!! Only had to pay $55 for it, couldn't pass it up!!
Pretty interesting find there. Also welcome to the forum! Some very knowledgeable peepelss hur.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I ran the pieced together SP125 today, it is pretty strong in the cut. I will keep looking for a suitable keyed clutch as this one loosened up shortly after putting it in the wood. I tightened it back up and made several long, hard cuts in a 30" diameter ash log. My friend has a recently acquired 076/076 that is in nice cosmetic shape. It was not really even close to keeping up with the 125. My plan is to tear this one down and install the better parts I found then take my current work saw and give it a good cleaning and put it in the museum until such time as I need to press it back into service.

Mark

Kevin prompted me to do some poking around looking for parts, I decided that rather than pile this stuff back in the attic I would move it over to the new building and get it cataloged and put away where I could find stuff easily if I need to.

20201219_113723.jpg

I am also working on getting the vintage NOS parts sorted, cataloged, and put away.

20201215_175315.jpg

This could take a while.

Mark

Kevin prompted me to do some poking around looking for parts, I decided that rather than pile this stuff back in the attic I would move it over to the new building and get it cataloged and put away where I could find stuff easily if I need to.

View attachment 875761

I am also working on getting the vintage NOS parts sorted, cataloged, and put away.

View attachment 875762

This could take a while.

Mark
Looks like you have a lot of good stuff there!! Way to go on being motivated to catalogue all of that, I know that it can be monotonous...
All of the best to ya this Christmas :)
Dalton S.

View attachment 875761

View attachment 875762

This could take a while.

Mark
Is that 84978 chip guard for sale by chance? I need one for the sp70 I am building. Thanks!

@Jethro 2t sniffer
Thanks for the warm welcome! My grandpa gave me my first saw when I was 12 or 13...I'm 25 now and love collecting, wrenching, and cutting with these saws! This is just a few of my favorites so far. Been talking with Bob Johnson and I'm getting a bunch of new parts for the SP70. Going to give her a full rebuild!
Welcome to the group. I can see you will fit it well.

Back