McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy is a printer and they throw away/recycle the ends of spools of paper. He said they weigh 1200 pounds and up. He gave me a couple roll ends for a crab feast. The one thing that buggers up my plans to work on a saw is, I get it half way apart, and something comes up and I don't work on it for a bit, then for get where every thing went. I taped some paper to one of my fold up tables and started on the 7-10, and just write on the paper what and where every thing goes. If I get sidetracked for a month, I should survive.
5CmCvhs.jpg

K2u0wPR.jpg

yGhTgh8.jpg

RbYNlds.jpg

My buddy is a printer and they throw away/recycle the ends of spools of paper. He said they weigh 1200 pounds and up. He gave me a couple roll ends for a crab feast. The one thing that buggers up my plans to work on a saw is, I get it half way apart, and something comes up and I don't work on it for a bit, then for get where every thing went. I taped some paper to one of my fold up tables and started on the 7-10, and just write on the paper what and where every thing goes. If I get sidetracked for a month, I should survive.
5CmCvhs.jpg

K2u0wPR.jpg

yGhTgh8.jpg

RbYNlds.jpg
Is the oil tank and engine unpainted on that 7-10?

So I assembled the short block for the SP81 tonight. Unfortunately it needs to come apart again. It seems the skirt on the LRB piston is contacting the crank at BDC. I can roll the motor over but there is a noticeable "catch" at the bottom. I'm already not impressed with this piston. [emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thats great organization. It would have been hysterical if that mug had "coffee cup" written in front of it. Sorry but im on midnight shift and can get a little silly with a lack of sleep.
I'm not on night much these days but that sounds hilarious. Please write down coffee mug somewhere, better yet draw an outline of it!! If no one at your home appreciates it at least we will.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Another piece of advice I can offer would be to get a variety of small ziplock bags to put hardware in. Label them with a sharpie, like recoil cover. Because I guarantee that table will get bumped and you'll be trying to figure out what screws go with what. I got my ziplock bags from ebay I think, it was a variety of sizes, 2x2, 2x3, 3x4, 3x5 etc. For a 10-series saw I'd recommend the gasket kit from sold by "gotfishon" on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/McCULLOCH-...436292?hash=item5b6d756dc4:g:G0kAAOSwtN9eQIXp
His gaskets are better than NOS.

Another piece of advice I can offer would be to get a variety of small ziplock bags to put hardware in. Label them with a sharpie, like recoil cover. Because I guarantee that table will get bumped and you'll be trying to figure out what screws go with what. I got my ziplock bags from ebay I think, it was a variety of sizes, 2x2, 2x3, 3x4, 3x5 etc. For a 10-series saw I'd recommend the gasket kit from sold by "gotfishon" on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/McCULLOCH-...436292?hash=item5b6d756dc4:g:G0kAAOSwtN9eQIXp
His gaskets are better than NOS.
I used to use zip lock bags. Then after 15 years with the Boy Scouts, and a new coffee mug from every camp we went to, that's what I use the coffee mugs for. But, I have never had a zip lock shatter on me if it fell off the table.

OK, I figured the piston was toast from what I could see through the muffler. I tried to get some pics inside the jug. The surface looks kind of mottled, but feels smooth. What's the chance of finding an NOS jug if it's toast too?
HaCTA6F.jpg

O3MCBd4.jpg

cemixz1.jpg

S7Jnugb.jpg

1pvxRON.jpg

OK, I figured the piston was toast from what I could see through the muffler. I tried to get some pics inside the jug. The surface looks kind of mottled, but feels smooth. What's the chance of finding an NOS jug if it's toast too?
HaCTA6F.jpg

O3MCBd4.jpg

cemixz1.jpg

S7Jnugb.jpg

1pvxRON.jpg

I'd say if it feels smooth then good to go mate lucky. Cylinders are hens teeth

Latest posts

Back