McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just looked it up and you are correct edju1958. A318. I have a Mac 3214 and the chain driver count is the same on my 14" a041 mount. I thought since my bigger macs used d176 mount like my bigger echo the smaller Mac would use the same bar as my smaller echo

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee today. Temps low 20s to high 40s. No wind. Light snow covering gone by mid-afternoon.

Very little production and little MAC action. Brian is under the weather. I didn't get to the job site until 10:30 AM and then only to find that sometime over the holidays our resident inmate had felled two trees across the road. I walked back and retrieve my tractor which quit in the middle of the road after I had removed the two trees. So the road is now blocked by the tractor. Lower half of the fuel filter canister was frozen solid around the fuel filter. Deere dealer is closed on Saturdays during the winter months, so I have to drive into town to NAPA. They gladly sold me a new filter for twenty bucks and change. I bet the colorful box it was in cost almost as much to manufacture as the filter. It is now just a few minutes before chow time at a local church so I studied the box while waiting for the others to show. Didn't learn anything except NAPA claims the filter complied with all warranty requirements.

After a quick lunch, I returned to the site and got the tractor going. Felled a large ash with an off-brand. Skidded a few stems out and bucked them with the 800. Chain brake is still firing at will though a little less often. I will need to try the locking compound recommended here.

800 on bucking duty.
IMG_6600-001.JPG
IMG_6599.JPG

Be Safe,
Ron

Finally got around to messing with the carb of the model 99. Most of is in good shape and structurally sound. Got some fair pitting in the diaphragm cover that I need to deal with. Afterwards I'll make a new diaphragm for it and start reassembling. Im happy to say I found a nos carb body gasket online awhile back. I'm happy because it's one more gasket I don't have to make.
ad9839d56268af6fb76afc7c7586d45d.jpg
15e8f15a5afa84b229cee2048dd40b1d.jpg
71c10fd2042352b4d4ae6458ef748e58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I have a 1-86 Mac that is a beast. I have run it a few times. With the 3 to 1 reduction the chain speed is very slow. It seems to be for occasional use. It weighs 32 pounds plus the bar and chain. It sure sounds healthy when it fires up. I have a healthy respect for the guys that ran saws of this size for a living.
What about the guys who downed redwoods and sequoia's with hand saws? Or axes?

It was sniped in the last seconds as 2 guys were fighting over it. Many bids. The winner bid one time.
I sure hope the seller gets his money.I've seen it happen many times that someone gets the bid in at the last nano-second only to never pay for the purchase.Some guys do that because they just can't stand to lose.

Had a weird thing with my new 700.
throttle link popped out of the trigger twice. Gave it a minor tweak to put a little tension pushing it in towards the trigger then it stuck wide open the next time I throttled it up on my last big cut. Always something I guess.
Broke the pull rope on the 850 the last time I started it Saturday too. My bad on that one tho. Should have replaced it when I cleaned the saw up initially.

Back