McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the pro mac 850? I always wanted a big bore McCulloch.
Jethro is probably smarter than me ( it don’t take much! 😂) but I have an 850 and I believe it is 82cc. I have a 1000 also tho not currently running and I would not take two of them for my 850. It is simply a beast. I like the 1000 but definitely like the 850 more.

Hahaha there's not many sammies in my lunchbox either:)

Yeah 82cc 10 series. Sp80/81 pm850 800 805 de80 pm850 super. Stay away from 8200 or sell it to a collector.

Pretty good AV light enough to still use as a regular saw. There's plenty other bigger stronger Mac's but they are also from Pretty much another era and are big heavy just for fun machines. Well the 125s are heavy but so is a 3120xp.

Really must get into the super 250

Hahaha there's not many sammies in my lunchbox either:)

Yeah 82cc 10 series. Sp80/81 pm850 800 805 de80 pm850 super. Stay away from 8200 or sell it to a collector.

Pretty good AV light enough to still use as a regular saw. There's plenty other bigger stronger Mac's but they are also from Pretty much another era and are big heavy just for fun machines. Well the 125s are heavy but so is a 3120xp.

Really must get into the super 250
Do you have a Super 250,or are you looking to get one?I've got a 1-75 that I think will kick some ass at 95cc.I got it running & oiling last fall,just gotta finish the clutch.

Thanks just ordered one though LRB. Before I read the posts
Just a heads up, theres a bunch of used rim drums out there for McCulloch saws and usually they have lots of life left in them . The removable rim drums come in standard and small rim.
I also like Oregon rim sprocket Systems which are still being made.

Just a heads up, theres a bunch of used rim drums out there for McCulloch saws and usually they have lots of life left in them . The removable rim drums come in standard and small rim.
The Partner p-100/Mac 1000 have a governed carburetor on them pull the jet plug cut out a small circle of beer can and re install, now you have a 100cc saw that’ll rip! Oh and put a Husky I think 61 coil on it if the stock system is bad. I still use mine occasionally

Do you have a Super 250,or are you looking to get one?I've got a 1-75 that I think will kick some ass at 95cc.I got it running & oiling last fall,just gotta finish the clutch.
I have a 1-71 if I remember right. Never made it to the bench but it will some day. Need to start working out ahead of time so I don’t have to have help getting it on the bench!!!!

Nice ed.

Yeah got a super 250 from my Mac mate down here just needs time. Hes got a 1-70 to send for parts and I've also got a pretty tidy standard 250 for bits too

This is the sprocket that came from p/o in this exact condition. The chain is definitely 3/8 .050
It looks like the 65370 drum uses .354 pitch chain according to the MAC 10-10 IPL.
8e637424e084cc6635b8e8d7c5e01af4.jpg

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using Tapatalk

I have a 1-71 if I remember right. Never made it to the bench but it will some day. Need to start working out ahead of time so I don’t have to have help getting it on the bench!!!!
I have a 1-71 as well.I bought it last fall & pulled the carb for a rebuild.I can't get it to seal properly at the turret gasket,leaks like a sieve.

Thanks. A nice fella that use to carry macs at his store dug it out of a closet for me. $20 nos
He was excited that there was an 850 getting put back to work.
Bob Johnson in Maryland NY is a resource for vintage parts, especially Mac.
He is 80 some yrs old, been in business his whole life. Not on the net, but he does ship.
Has more parts of than you could imagine.

Bob Johnson in Maryland NY is a resource for vintage parts, especially Mac.
He is 80 some yrs old, been in business his whole life. Not on the net, but he does ship.
Has more parts of than you could imagine.
Bob will be 82 next month.He has not been in the chainsaw & parts business his whole life,but a major portion of it.He did some time in the U.S.Navy in his younger yrs.After getting out of the Navy,he did some traveling around the world looking for work.I know he spent some time in New Zealand & New Orleans.Upon coming back to Maryland,N.Y.he started selling Pioneer saws for some 30+ yrs.Yes,he has a large supply of Mac parts,but he's beginning to run out of them.He used to buy up distributorships (not dealerships) of parts,but hasn't done so in quite a while.I think he'll sell what parts he has & won't be buying any more to replace them.The supply of Mac parts out there is beginning to dwindle now.

I found out the rim stuff a few days ago. I had to pull the Oregon large-spline drum off my 10-10 so I could run an 8 pin on my 5-10, I still have a few spare small rim setups kicking around, but no spare rims.

Latest posts

Back