McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't keep up it seems. Poge has posted the 800 IPL - note one cylinder part number and the choice of a bolt or a valve. The 805 IPL shows only the valve.

Ron
Good morning Ron.
It's strange I was going to ask about this and then I read your post.
On this 800/805 I'm working on; I'm guessing this is not OEM. It has NC threads.

Decomp.jpg

Clint

So, this just happened from me replying to a third cousin this morning on Facebook.

Free Mac 2.jpg

He said it was a McCulloch and all he could see from a distance (He hasn't dug it out yet) is 50.
Please Lord let it be a 1-50 and not a Titan or Double eagle.
The 35 years comment is in my favor.
I'll find out tomorrow when I pick it up.
Clint

Thanks Mark.
I knew you would know.
I might know where I can get one. :)
The release makes things easier on you and the saw. I highly recommend one despite all those who think using one reflects negatively on your manhood.
Of course to work there needs to be a tiny port underneath the bolt pictured. It is no problem to drill one if there isn’t one.

Ron

The release makes things easier on you and the saw. I highly recommend one despite all those who think using one reflects negatively on your manhood.
Of course to work there needs to be a tiny port underneath the bolt pictured. It is no problem to drill one if there isn’t one.

Ron
Sure is easier on the starter assembly on high compression saws.

Ron
Even though I'm 68 and bought my first saw in 1977, plus I have over 70 saws now, I have jokingly said decomps are for girls. I agree that on higher compression saws it is needed.

Even though I'm 68 and bought my first saw in 1977, plus I have over 70 saws now, I have jokingly said decomps are for girls. I agree that on higher compression saws it is needed.
I don't use them because the saw starts quicker, least number of pulls. Unless its got a popup piston or had the base cut and compression ring cut.

I don't use them because the saw starts quicker, least number of pulls. Unless its got a popup piston or had the base cut and compression ring cut.

You try an 850 with no decomp lol. The 800 isn't so bad as the Qport helps but an 850 will bust ya fingers or atleast make you wish ya hadn't of done that or bust the cord

You try an 850 with no decomp lol. The 800 isn't so bad as the Qport helps but an 850 will bust ya fingers or atleast make you wish ya hadn't of done that or bust the cord
Yep I forgot to push the button once AND my left hand slipped off the grip. I just about had Promak 850 imprinted on my forehead

I've started a SP81 without many times you just have to yank it like you own it and don't let go thats what hurts when the pull handle rips through your hand. Larger than 85cc I always push decomp or the cord will break.

I always use a decomp button when available, unless the saw is fresh and doesn't have fuel in the system.
I've shattered plastic handles on some saws when I've forgotten. I'm also of the school of thought that it should be started like a winning lottery ticket is gonna pop out when it starts.

Decomps can be dangerous if you forget to push it, or its spring is weak. I tend to ease my grip on the saw and then wham you are pulling the saw out of your hand or position which swings the bar towards some body part. On a heavy saw like a 125, you rip your fingers off. In either case, those of us with bad shoulders can get a double whammy of pain.

Ron

I've started a SP81 without many times you just have to yank it like you own it and don't let go thats what hurts when the pull handle rips through your hand. Larger than 85cc I always push decomp or the cord will break.

My 81 will too. Not the 850 its very fresh.

I've got a mate with a rebuilt no decomp 288 and its a bit like the 800. A fresh non Q is something else

Latest posts

Back