McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use a decomp button when available, unless the saw is fresh and doesn't have fuel in the system.
I've shattered plastic handles on some saws when I've forgotten. I'm also of the school of thought that it should be started like a winning lottery ticket is gonna pop out when it starts.

My 81 is pretty tough to pull over without decomp. I feel like it'll just destroy the recoil if I do it too much.
I'm not saying its easy been doing it a very long time haven't broke a recoil yet and only a few old pull cords.
I used to be a Mogul smasher myself My mom is from Canada so we spent time up there a lot. Haven't been skiing in 4 years I kinda miss it.

I'm not saying its easy been doing it a very long time haven't broke a recoil yet and only a few old pull cords.
I used to be a Mogul smasher myself My mom is from Canada so we spent time up there a lot. Haven't been skiing in 4 years I kinda miss it.
Quit skiing long time ago, but love smashing the bumps on the snowmobile trails. Heading north tomorrow for the day riding.20220226_133918.jpg

I just try and keep moving and not whine.
I'm generally moving and whining.

Now back to MAC's with the:

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee today. Shirt sleeve weather with highs in the 70s. Logs hauling duty so there was little cutting today though I used Brian's 1010S a bit. Great saw. Will crank cold on one pull if you are fast with the choke. Handles easy and has lots of torque. I didn't run it long enough to notice any excessive vibes like my PM700. I thought to myself if I had had a 1010S I probably wouldn't have brought an off-brand 60 cc saw years back. Another attribute of the ten series that I like though seldom mentioned is the fact that they will sit on their bottoms in the back of a truck, or in our case today in a side by side as it bounced up the hill.

I don't have any MAC pictures today. Here's one of Brian on the high side slashing the tie straps on the deuce. We drug it up the hill today with the dozer and lowered it back down with the dozer chained to the rear.
1646533267188.png

The fellow I mentioned last week is recovering though not completely out of the woods, yet. Thank you for your prayers.

Be Safe,

Ron

Is the decomp sealed up? Hopefully the cylinder is ok.
Not sure? I don't have the correct sized spanner to undo it.
I remembered this is the saw with no terminal/boot and the spark plug lead is too short now so I'll have to wait until I get some more plus some imperial hex keys to dismantle it.
In the meantime I can dismantle and clean the mystery saw (which is the one with the broken starter spring)...

Not sure? I don't have the correct sized spanner to undo it.
I remembered this is the saw with no terminal/boot and the spark plug lead is too short now so I'll have to wait until I get some more plus some imperial hex keys to dismantle it.
In the meantime I can dismantle and clean the mystery saw (which is the one with the broken starter spring)...

You'll hear it hissing. From memory an 11mm long socket gets the decomp out but could be wrong. Get into that mystery saw. Still sure its a 7-10 though. Pinch the spring from the 700

You'll hear it hissing.
Yes it's hissing with the button in when I pull the starter. But wait! I pulled it out and it took a minute to drop most of the way to the floor.
The plug may have been loose or I may have accidentally knocked the button when I tried earlier.

Yes it's hissing with the button in when I pull the starter. But wait! I pulled it out and it took a minute to drop most of the way to the floor.
The plug may have been loose or I may have accidentally knocked the button when I tried earlier.

Aww mint as man :)

Back