McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone here ID the Big Mac in the back? These are right up the road from me and while I don’t really need any more saws but if the big guy is a worthwhile buy I may try to pick up the whole lot.
https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/for/d/garden-valley-chainsaws/7454425046.html
You're missing the real gem in that craigslist locale...Couldn't help also notice that there's alot of chainsaws in that area compared to mine. I used to browse Californias craigslist for old Honda XR/XL dirtbike/enduros, the right coast isn't the dirtbike mecca that Cali is.

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/zip/d/north-san-juan-free-14ft-uhaul-chevy/7454625032.html00O0O_4rKH0XQJ32Ez_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Hi! I've been recovering for a while mac 3200. I would like to ask how the fuel consumption is, for example, like huskies from small models or a little more.also by reducing the fuel level is it normal for the full throttle to die down and there is no traction ?. I would be happy to become a supporting member, but I don't have a credit card yet because I'm not 18 years old.

Supporting means helpful. Not just monetary. Offering advice and help to others. Supporting the cause not giving money. So the credit card is not necessary to be here.

Fuel consumption would be compareable id say.

Fuel level and power sounds like a broken fuel line or weak carburetor fuel pump. Rebuild kit might be in order.

I restored each part, I think I'm confusing something with the carburetor setting., These days I will try and share the result.

Hi! I've been recovering for a while mac 3200. I would like to ask how the fuel consumption is, for example, like huskies from small models or a little more.also by reducing the fuel level is it normal for the full throttle to die down and there is no traction ?. I would be happy to become a supporting member, but I don't have a credit card yet

because I'm not 18 years old.
3 cheers for you young man for digging in there and learning. Keep it up and you be on top of things soon.

дThe diaphragm on the needle side should be between the carburetor and the seal, right? What I also need to check with the spring, the lever should not be inverted, but the spring. Otherwise, they were under repair whale. And also if the check valve causes problems, what are the symptoms?

Don't worry about check valves yet. The needle side (metering diaphragm side) should have the gasket against the carb body and the metering diaphragm between the gasket and the cover. Your description would have them backwards. The fuel pump side of the carburetor should be the opposite.

The spring and metering lever are fairly straightforward to inspect and diagnose. The height of the lever is important as it is depressed by the nub in the center of the diaphragm to allow correct amounts of fuel into the system. You can see the problem if the lever is too high or too low, not to mention if the the metering diaphragm is installed incorrectly or the spring is not in the correct position under the lever. The lever should typically be adjusted either flush with the carb body itself or flush with the metering floor depending on which carburetor is installed. When depressed, it should just barely raise the inlet needle if adjusted correctly.

Back