McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends, is it in a critical place like a fuel tank or case.
Rust never sleeps, and it will usually continue to eat away slowly at whatever it's on.
So far it's just in the starter cover but I'm sure I'll find more as I break the saw down.

Bead blast and prime/paint.
I was thinking of leaving this saw looking well-used but I may end up painting it if it's bad.
The old paint is flaking off as I clean.

So far it's just in the starter cover but I'm sure I'll find more as I break the saw down.

I was thinking of leaving this saw looking well-used but I may end up painting it if it's bad.

I find if ya keep it drowned in oil it stops. No oxygen i guess. Crc seems to work

I agree get off what you can without mucking up the look and keep it oily (even if it doesn't have rot). Fuel tanks are another matter. For them I dig/wire brush it out and JB weld (had to do pretty much all of my front tank saws to some degree, so glad the fronts come off of them). A bead blaster would be easier and better for doing the inside of the tanks, I think I need one!

The bottom of the starter covers can get thin or holes. Just keep in mind that if its thin you could set it down and knock a hole in it, or if it has a hole debris can enter and get into the flywheel which would be exciting.

McCulloch Heaven or Hell?
I came home with the pickup bed and backseat full of nothing but Mac saws and parts, new and old.
My frame of mind right now is, am I supposed to be happy or sad.
The vid is only 21 seconds long but says a lot.

Holly crap man wow

I ask myself the same every time I buy another saw and wonder why I did.

That place looks like a crime scene. Glad that someone is going to save some saws and parts.
Thanks Matt
That little vid didn't do it justice. It is about 4 times more than it look like was there.

Wowsa, cant wait for the full length spread out look. I see lots of good parts there. Nice find
Thanks Vinny.
I looks like about 90% are 10 series and 800's plus 850's parts and saws. I think about four 610's, two 2-10's and some 700 parts and saws.

Latest posts

Back