McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what aftermarket crank seals were used on the Mac 2014 saws?I tried buying them from Bob J.on my last order just before he had his heart attack & he said he didn't have any more left.I have a part # 83859.
Edit:Believe it or not I found them for $3.63 ea.on a parts site in Greece.Shipping is only $5 by registered mail.Here's the link if anyone's interested:
https://www.dlastore.com/oil-seal-for-mcculloch-32cc-35cc-38cc-machines-83859.html

There are several different part numbers for those seals, they were also used on the PM6, Mini Mac, and 300 Series saws as well as the 32/35/38 cc models

I have a large supply of them for $3 each if you need them in the future.

Mark

I believe they were also used on the mini macs - 25,30,35,& the 110,120,130,& 140.Correct me if I'm wrong.Good to know you have a good supply.I ordered 6 from Greece.I have no idea as to how long it'll take to get them,but I'm in no hurry.

I think it may have been Oregon, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I've got a pair of H&S 125 spikes that are pretty decent and another on my 640, that puppy in an overbuilt brick that's gotta add about another pound to the saw. It looks exactly like the guy on the upper left of your display with the "foot".
Good thing I don't bet:
760C802F-3CED-49E1-911C-244DF22367C2.png

The PM700 #93198 starter pawls (Left) have a kink in them, but the generic 10 series starter pawls that Jethro kindly sent me (Right) do not, they sit too high to rest against the flywheel nut and instead go all the way to the fins - will this be a problem?

View attachment 1024528
Yes. The starter dog will not catch it. They wont work.

The PM700 #93198 starter pawls (Left) have a kink in them, but the generic 10 series starter pawls that Jethro kindly sent me (Right) do not, they sit too high to rest against the flywheel nut and instead go all the way to the fins - will this be a problem?

View attachment 1024528
You try?

Does anyone know what aftermarket crank seals were used on the Mac 2014 saws?I tried buying them from Bob J.on my last order just before he had his heart attack & he said he didn't have any more left.I have a part # 83859.
Edit:Believe it or not I found them for $3.63 ea.on a parts site in Greece.Shipping is only $5 by registered mail.Here's the link if anyone's interested:
https://www.dlastore.com/oil-seal-for-mcculloch-32cc-35cc-38cc-machines-83859.html
I will say this about Bob's inventory... There are things he had up there that he didnt know he had. I would estimate 15-20% of the parts he had were not in his inventory list. I found parts that were/are not on his list as we were packing. For example. Two NOS SP-81 cylinders and seven PM 850 cylinders. He was surprised when i showed him lol Only time will tell what else.

I will say this about Bob's inventory... There are things he had up there that he didnt know he had. I would estimate 15-20% of the parts he had were not in his inventory list. I found parts that were/are not on his list as we were packing. For example. Two NOS SP-81 cylinders and seven PM 850 cylinders. He was surprised when i showed him lol Only time will tell what else.

You know you say " inventory list " but what I suspect is a tattered binder with faint scribblings of parts #s ?

You know you say " inventory list " but what I suspect is a tattered binder with faint scribblings of parts #s ?
Bob did have a crude inventory list that his lady - Miss Joan would put on a flash drive for him.Plus,as you mentioned,he had the binder with crude scribblings of part #s.

Bob did have a crude inventory list that his lady - Miss Joan would put on a flash drive for him.Plus,as you mentioned,he had the binder with crude scribblings of part #s.
I have copies of the flash drive. I will have the hard copies next week. But like I stated earlier, i know for a fact the flash drive inventory is not completely accurate. Its gonna be a fun spring and summer lol!

And I love Bob J but "CRUDE" is accurate lol.

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Firewood season started Saturday before last. We are still at the range. Brian and I did more gathering than cutting. The day was a beautiful early fall day. Brian did a little cutting with three of his MACs, PM6A, PM1010S and PM800. He posted picture of me falling a small tree with his PM6A. Though the PM6 was the first chainsaw that I ever used, I believe that that was the first and only tree I used a 6 series to fall. I didn't take many pictures but did catch Brian with his PM800. I say catch because usually by the time I get my phone out and in camera mode he has finished his cut.
IMG_7261-004.JPGIMG_7264-001.JPG

This past Saturday was also a beautiful fall day. I had obligations related to my daughter's upcoming wedding so I was only able to work in snippets thus Brian and I didn't cut together. In the morning, I bucked and stacked logs at the range. Upon leaving, I was asked if I could come back and fall some hazard trees before Monday so I returned and felled several hazard trees with my PM800. Below are the larger ones.

A red oak with some good firewood.
IMG_7267.JPG

An ash, also with some good firewood.
IMG_7271-001.JPG

Same ash. Sound enough not to break. I got the 800 stuck in the spring pole which is why the off brand was handy for the next picture.
IMG_7281.JPG

Excuse the off-brand, I ran out of room with the crawler and had to cut the ash in two. It was right at 20" at 40'.
IMG_7292-001.JPG

An ash that will be left in the woods as it busted all to pieces upon impact. Yes, I ditched my 800 upon first committed movement as I didn't have a good exit point. The wedges were just to keep a little pressure on the stem as it was too dangerous to whack on them much.
IMG_7282.JPG

I went back today and put a line in this red oak. I put a little tension on it and kept two wedges tapped snug (too dangerous to whack on them and too dangerous to be at the stem when it fell). When the wedges loosen up, I lightly tapped them snug and then pulled the tree over with my truck.
IMG_7296.JPG

Same red oak. I took this picture as I was walking to the truck to get a magnet. The DSP valve came out during the face cut. As usual, my magnet was at home in a different tool box so I was unable to find the valve. I finished the tree with an open port. You got to love those old MACs for plowing through almost anything you throw at them. I shorten the stem to 25' or so. Should be plenty of good firewood in it. The rest looked pretty iffy. I didn't have time to check for sure.
IMG_7294.JPG

No cutting next week, as the wedding takes priority.

Be safe.

Ron

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Firewood season started Saturday before last. We are still at the range. Brian and I did more gathering than cutting. The day was a beautiful early fall day. Brian did a little cutting with three of his MACs, PM6A, PM1010S and PM800. He posted picture of me falling a small tree with his PM6A. Though the PM6 was the first chainsaw that I ever used, I believe that that was the first and only tree I used a 6 series to fall. I didn't take many pictures but did catch Brian with his PM800. I say catch because usually by the time I get my phone out and in camera mode he has finished his cut.
View attachment 1024781View attachment 1024782

This past Saturday was also a beautiful fall day. I had obligations related to my daughter's upcoming wedding so I was only able to work in snippets thus Brian and I didn't cut together. In the morning, I bucked and stacked logs at the range. Upon leaving, I was asked if I could come back and fall some hazard trees before Monday so I returned and felled several hazard trees with my PM800. Below are the larger ones.

A red oak with some good firewood.
View attachment 1024787

An ash, also with some good firewood.
View attachment 1024788

Same ash. Sound enough not to break. I got the 800 stuck in the spring pole which is why the off brand was handy for the next picture.
View attachment 1024798

Excuse the off-brand, I ran out of room with the crawler and had to cut the ash in two. It was right at 20" at 40'.
View attachment 1024791

An ash that will be left in the woods as it busted all to pieces upon impact. Yes, I ditched my 800 upon first committed movement as I didn't have a good exit point. The wedges were just to keep a little pressure on the stem as it was too dangerous to whack on them much.
View attachment 1024794

I went back today and put a line in this red oak. I put a little tension on it and kept two wedges tapped snug (too dangerous to whack on them and too dangerous to be at the stem when it fell). When the wedges loosen up, I lightly tapped them snug and then pulled the tree over with my truck.
View attachment 1024793

Same red oak. I took this picture as I was walking to the truck to get a magnet. The DSP valve came out during the face cut. As usual, my magnet was at home in a different tool box so I was unable to find the valve. I finished the tree with an open port. You got to love those old MACs for plowing through almost anything you throw at them. I shorten the stem to 25' or so. Should be plenty of good firewood in it. The rest looked pretty iffy. I didn't have time to check for sure.
View attachment 1024792

No cutting next week, as the wedding takes priority.

Be safe.

Ron
Good report as usual Ron.

Have fun at the wedding.

Back