McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a throttle linkage problem with the 1-75.The linkage is a push rod that apparently rests up against the trigger.I can get it in position,but after about 4 pushes on the trigger it pops back out which will let the saw scream at WOT.Tearing the handle apart looks to be a can of worms as the choke rod & oiler assemblies are incorporated into the handle as well.

BTW,the 32 in.modded Husky bar from the 450 fits OK.
Edit:after taking a 2nd look at the IPL it appears that the throttle push rod hooks into a small hol;e in the trigger.Can the push rod go into that hole without tearing the handle assembly apart?

The 1-75 is supposed to have an air vane governor, and the throttle rod only pulls the lever back to the closed position. The spring on the governor arm opens the throttle and the air vane (if present) will move the throttle closed at higher engine speeds.

If the air vane is broken off, the spring will push the throttle wide open when the trigger is squeezed.

1686615433191.png

The throttle rod only hooks over the front of the lever arm on the throttle shaft, is it not supposed to go in any hole in the lever.

1-72 8 HL19E.JPG

Mark

Apparently for some reason the governor vane was removed & the system was jury rigged.This is kinda coming back to me vaguely from 4 yrs.ago.I do remember buying a new or used governor vane on feebay at the time,but I have no idea as to how to install it.I'll have a look tomorrow & get some pics.As for the throttle linkage,you're showing me the wrong end in the pic.I was talking about the trigger end of the linkage.

The 1-75 is a runner again! As I was trying to say yesterday,the throttle rod DOES hook into the trigger,I just had to finagle with it till I got it hooked in..After that I couldn't understand why it would only run on a prime.I checked the needles & the lo was completely shut & the hi was only open about 3/4 of a turn.Once I opened the needles to where they should be the saw started running just fine.The only thing I have a problem with is the primer doesn't work.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1
I thought it was time I formally introduced myself.

I've been a member here a while but have spent most of my "saw" time on McCulloch facebook groups. I've worked with Mark Heimann on a few projects for diaphragms and carb kits (BP-1 etc...) which he's mentioned through this thread. I decided I'd had enough outside interest in the Stickers and Gaskets I initially made for my own use that I should start a store and make it more of a legitimate business. It's still a side hustle, but I've built a complete offering for 10 series saws, and am really starting to get somewhere on some of the gaskets and diaphragms for the early 60's McCullochs. Below are links to some of our products. The newest of which is a 33,35,39 series Metering Diaphragm. My goal has been to reproduce some of the harder to get items now that I have a lot of the 10 series stuff already made.

McCulloch 10 series saw gaskets
McCulloch 10 series Accurate reproduction Stickers
McCulloch Flat Back Carb Kit
McCulloch 125 gasket kit
McCulloch Top Tank Fuel Tank Gasket
McCulloch BP-1 carb kit
McCulloch front Tank fuel tank gasket
McCulloch 33 series saw Metering Diaphragm

All of these can be found at www.oldsawshop.com along with stickers. Most of which is for McCulloch, but we have a few other oddballs in the mix.

Feel free to reach out to me with gasket projects at [email protected]

Thanks,

Brian Genrich
www.oldsawshop.com

I thought it was time I formally introduced myself.

I've been a member here a while but have spent most of my "saw" time on McCulloch facebook groups. I've worked with Mark Heimann on a few projects for diaphragms and carb kits (BP-1 etc...) which he's mentioned through this thread. I decided I'd had enough outside interest in the Stickers and Gaskets I initially made for my own use that I should start a store and make it more of a legitimate business. It's still a side hustle, but I've built a complete offering for 10 series saws, and am really starting to get somewhere on some of the gaskets and diaphragms for the early 60's McCullochs. Below are links to some of our products. The newest of which is a 33,35,39 series Metering Diaphragm. My goal has been to reproduce some of the harder to get items now that I have a lot of the 10 series stuff already made.

McCulloch 10 series saw gaskets
McCulloch 10 series Accurate reproduction Stickers
McCulloch Flat Back Carb Kit
McCulloch 125 gasket kit
McCulloch Top Tank Fuel Tank Gasket
McCulloch BP-1 carb kit
McCulloch front Tank fuel tank gasket
McCulloch 33 series saw Metering Diaphragm

All of these can be found at www.oldsawshop.com along with stickers. Most of which is for McCulloch, but we have a few other oddballs in the mix.

Feel free to reach out to me with gasket projects at [email protected]

Thanks,

Brian Genrich
www.oldsawshop.com
Welcome Brian, you have a well needed place , with ur old saw shop , 👍

Latest posts

Back