McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked on acres and not much info at all :(
picked this up off the shelf today to look at it and with both hand was hard to lift !!
any idea what it's supposed to weigh in at ?
no,i dont have bathroom scales,OL wont have em in the house :)

attachment.php

18 to 19 pounds, powerhead weight.

Anybody tell me about the Mac G-70. Visited a saw shop the other day and saw a G-70 in the back room during a guided tour by the owner. It sat on the shelf and was in really good shape, said it was pretty rare and would not let it out of his collection. Just wondering what they are like, maybe a few pics or video of one running....besides what Acres says.

Thanks

Anybody tell me about the Mac G-70. Visited a saw shop the other day and saw a G-70 in the back room during a guided tour by the owner. It sat on the shelf and was in really good shape, said it was pretty rare and would not let it out of his collection. Just wondering what they are like, maybe a few pics or video of one running....besides what Acres says.

Thanks

Here is one that was on CL for months. Apparently the Seller was unwilling to ship. Note the "back up" LH starter.

Ron

attachment.php
attachment.php

Me with my 5-10G also 70cc

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jwoi2u0aOkk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I polished and clearcoated this flywheel cover and recoil to put on my SP81. Turned out pretty good.

IMG_20110309_064703.jpg

That is beautiful! :msp_love: I think this requires a how-to thread.....

Do you just use progressively finer sandpaper? What grit do you work up to before the final polish? Inquiring minds want to know. :cheers:

Do you just use progressively finer sandpaper? What grit do you work up to before the final polish? Inquiring minds want to know. :cheers:

Ditto! I was thinking scotch-brite wheel...

If someone has a moment and the opportunity, I could use a good pic of a bow top guard looking at the end of it, right down the chain. I am going to have to get one made and the profile would be most helpful. Material type and thickness would be 'nice' as well. It doesn't look complicated, but falls into that risk category where screwing it up is low probability with very high consequences....

Well this cover was in pretty rough shape before I started it. I got my fil to bead blast it for me and then I began sanding on it. I don't have any fancy sanding or polishing tools. All this was done by hand for the last three to four evenings. I started with a 60 grit paper and then moved to a 120. From there I used a 220 and then a 400. After that I moved on to an 800 grit. Then I pulled out a rag and some mother's mag polish and went to work. Then I buffed it by hand with a really soft cloth. The I put 5 coats of clear on it. It turned out great but there are some imperfections if you look close enough. Its also a good idea to use water when doing all the sanding to keep the dust down and to keep the paper from clogging up. I wanted to do this because I see a lot of mart Macs with the polished covers and no 10 series Macs.

Last edited:
If someone has a moment and the opportunity, I could use a good pic of a bow top guard looking at the end of it, right down the chain. I am going to have to get one made and the profile would be most helpful. Material type and thickness would be 'nice' as well. It doesn't look complicated, but falls into that risk category where screwing it up is low probability with very high consequences....

the easiest way to describe it is that it is roughly the shape of a semi-chisel cutter when viewed from the front. sort of a question mark. i can get you some pics, but it will probably be friday. PM me with an email address if you are still interested.

Last edited:

Thanks

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uhlcrCiyJrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am looking for a bar for my 250 and I am having a hard time finding a good McCulloch bar. What other bar mounts will work with my 250 ie husky mount?

Ya'll need to help homelite jim... and then check my thread... it's got a video... :eek:uttahere2::eek:uttahere2::eek:uttahere2:

Latest posts

Back