McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why so many pm800s? I would have kept the 850 and DE80. Do you think that the pm800s are better than the 850 and de80?

I just wrote you a short book in reply but the system timed me out. :bang:

Short answer. PM850s are hot right now. DE80s are climbling (over $200 for one with a bad motor). Both of mine were well used saws. I want at least two identical work saws. MAC claims the 800 has more HP than the 850. I don't know but I have a stand out 800 and hope the new one is as well - it has a new motor installed by a former MAC dealer in NY. If 800 prices go up, I may sell a couple unless I decide to keep them for future SILs. If I had the choice of NIB saws between the three I would take the DE80 as I like the intake setup better and forsee longer life than the rubber boot intake of the 850 and 800 (otherwise the 800 and DE80 are virtually identical).

Ron

I stopped at $10. Needed to save my $ for the SP105 and this PM800 which arrive today.
175272d1299553876-ny-pm800-jpg
View attachment 175272

Sold my PM850, PM570 and DE80 so small MACs are down to this:
175273d1299553946-small-mac-lineup-3-7-11-jpg
View attachment 175273

PM800 x 4, PM700, PM8200

If Mark wouldn't shoot me, I would like to put together if possible a gear drive 800 using a G70 carcass. Still wouldn't be a lightweight but it would be lighter than a 1-60, 640, etc.

Ron

Nice collection you got there Ron. I have 5 of the Macs and not one of them have a chain brake. I think the previous owners pitched them.

Nice collection you got there Ron. I have 5 of the Macs and not one of them have a chain brake. I think the previous owners pitched them.

My former two PM850s, DE80 and PM570, as well as my SP81E, were all used professionally and all of them had had their chain brakes removed. They are a pain with full wrap bars. My PM800s came from personal use backgrounds. Ron

Thanks Ron, I didn't try running McCullochBP1 all together. Must have been a little further back in the McCulloch chainsaw pages as I hadn't run across it yet.

I will keep an eye on that one and see how crazy it gets, I could use the flywheel (mine has a broken fin) and some of the carburetor side parts as they are in better shape than on the running saw I have.

We shall see....

Mark

Thanks Ron, I didn't try running McCullochBP1 all together. Must have been a little further back in the McCulloch chainsaw pages as I hadn't run across it yet.

I will keep an eye on that one and see how crazy it gets, I could use the flywheel (mine has a broken fin) and some of the carburetor side parts as they are in better shape than on the running saw I have.

We shall see....

Mark

There has been quite a few BP1 parts lately, including a carb diaphram. I haven't bother you as I figured you were watching them. Ron

I stopped at $10. Needed to save my $ for the SP105 and this PM800 which arrive today.
175272d1299553876-ny-pm800-jpg
View attachment 175272

Sold my PM850, PM570 and DE80 so small MACs are down to this:
175273d1299553946-small-mac-lineup-3-7-11-jpg
View attachment 175273

PM800 x 4, PM700, PM8200

If Mark wouldn't shoot me, I would like to put together if possible a gear drive 800 using a G70 carcass. Still wouldn't be a lightweight but it would be lighter than a 1-60, 640, etc.

Ron

Boy, somebody has their priorities focused. Looks like 492cc of yellow fun.

These don't pop up too often, but I got this Super 55A off Ebay. Some of you should have seen this. I've wanted one of these for awhile. Seller says it has monster compression and the saw itself looks super clean, albeit dusty. Love the helper handle on a 24" bar! (Auction described it as a 32" bar but I know better.) The carb and all has been pulled apart, but if there is a missing part or two I have a S44A junker.

Chris B.

McS55A_1.jpg

McS55A_4.jpg

McS55A_3.jpg

These don't pop up too often, but I got this Super 55A off Ebay. Some of you should have seen this. I've wanted one of these for awhile. Seller says it has monster compression and the saw itself looks super clean, albeit dusty. Love the helper handle on a 24" bar! (Auction described it as a 32" bar but I know better.) The carb and all has been pulled apart, but if there is a missing part or two I have a S44A junker.

Chris B.

McS55A_1.jpg

Nice saw.:cheers:
I saw it for sale and thought about bidding on it,
I have one now with a Bow bar on it.

Length

I've been looking at a lot of threads and am wondering how long of bars could i run on the Mccullochs i just got..? I see video all the time of guys with 70cc,80cc,100cc and 125cc saws cutting with 20" bars what could they handle if need be?? 1-80..795.. & 755..?

450 weight ??

Looked on acres and not much info at all :(
picked this up off the shelf today to look at it and with both hand was hard to lift !!
any idea what it's supposed to weigh in at ?
no,i dont have bathroom scales,OL wont have em in the house :)

attachment.php

Back