McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooohhh I want a 7-10!!!!! And a 550..... and a pm850 and the list goes on lol. But a 7-10 and a 550 would be my next two, not necessarily in that order.

Working on a Mac 250 currently and got a couple questions. What should I use as sealant on the through bolts from the gas tank to the oil? Thinking rtv, perhaps you guys have something better in mind. Second is should I make the fuel tank gasket from the cork gasket material or the fiber like was originally installed?

Working on a Mac 250 currently and got a couple questions. What should I use as sealant on the through bolts from the gas tank to the oil? Thinking rtv, perhaps you guys have something better in mind. Second is should I make the fuel tank gasket from the cork gasket material or the fiber like was originally installed?

I used a thick rubber sheet to make my gasket on my super 250. It seemed to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon Mac&Homelite, not a Mac but in my previous case I used a seal sheet sold on the market, which is made of paper(probably). Saw is Stihl 084,
1; trace the outline of the unit you want to seal,
Cutting_SealingSheet_00.JPG

2; for copying the inside, use a stamp ink pad, push it to the case, and copy the outline to the seal paper, then compare the outline to the original shape, add some correction if found some copy-errors,
Cutting_SealingSheet_01.JPG

3; cut it.
Cutting_SealingSheet_02.JPG

Hope you can do it well!
Chy

Does anyone know where besides ebay a guy could find a good pro mac 850 for a decent amount not like on ebay I've got a man . interested in buying one if it doesn't run but is complete he'll probably take it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna didn't see me hesitate did ya lol just gotta make a move here which of my collection to let go off to make the room and money

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to all my MAC friends, including those outside the USA. Little celebratory noise below.

For the only the second time in my life I made some cookies. Only made four. But the best way I knew to fulfill my promise to make some noise for the 4th was with a blast from the past in Red Oak.

IMG_2047.JPG

If you were an AS member when I first got this saw you are probably so old that you have forgotten it - 101B SP 125 from the great PNW. At the time purchased its cold squeeze was 196 psi and it wore a 50” bar. Fortunately before I cranked it I noticed that the crank would bind when turned on one side. Several named possible suspects, but I was never able to narrow it down. So I recently worked a deal with Brian to put it back together with all new bearings. He wasn’t too happy with the ring gap so with the help of Terry Ives, we put new rings in the .050 overbore. I wonder what it blows now. It is pretty obvious that I am no racer – I just cut like I normally buck. I believe with the long bar it might put a whooping on a few saws provided the clutch holds. We need to install a trigger lock so it won’t take three hands to start and lube the recoil to take care of the squeak. Brian had several customers waiting and watching so we decided to wait for another day to tach it and a regular fixed jet SP125C. Though I cannot hear the 4 stroking in any of the how to tune a chainsaw videos nor with my personal saws, I could hear it very clearly with this saw.

IMG_2390-1.JPG
Some will remember me branding my chaps with my GEM muffler on my 125C while carrying it to the truck. Seriously burning myself has been in the back of my mine ever since – so I had this GEM muffler ceramic coated inside and out. After short runs you could actually touch it without burning your hand though hot enough to burn if you left it there. I was impressed.

I intend to see how this saw does at actual work. If it works well, then I guess I’ll have to decide whether to finish my BDC standard bore 101B kart saw or not. And decide if Brian should do it. Despite his many good qualities, he is a bad influence on me - I have been off motorcycles for thirty years. Now I am searching eBay and LetGo every night looking up cycles from my youth. Among many interesting bikes, Brian has this nice 250 Bultaco that is tempting enough without his encouragement to make it mine. He even sits my saw next to it. Seriously, he is trouble. I’ve told him over and over that I am done with motorcycles. But without him my saw would still be disassembled in a box. And my Florida SP125C would still be on the shelf waiting for someone to wake it from its carb induced sleep.

Oh, forgive the bar. It is the only short non-hard nose .404 bar I have. We were running an 8 pin. It could probably run more but I wonder how much a standard clutch can take. The one we took off it was bulging and blue.

Ron

I took four saws to the brush dump today to give them a try, two were vintage Poulans, Double Eagle 50 and a modern Plactic Mac. The greenies and the DE50 all worked well with a little tuning but I had to rebuild the carburetor on the plastic saw and open both H and L jets around 2-1/2 turns out to get it to run properly. This is a very low hour saw so I guess that is how they are set up.

Now to try and sell a few...

Mark

Latest posts

Back