McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of those is ok. PM me with a price and we can make arrangements.
Thanks
Kevin

I learn something new about these old Macs every day lol. I didnt realize they made so many variations of the front fuel tank. The one that ML12 so graciously sent me will not work for me. It has the stuffer built into the tank instead of a seperate stuffer plate like the original and the stuffer that's built into the tank wont fit in the crankcase.
So long story short, I'm in need of another fuel tank for this 1-52.
6a4dee09d21140bede514fa55c0a7a0d.jpg

What saw did that tank come off of? That's weird that it don't fit but you can see that the stuffers are way different. You need a 250 parts saw, lots of frankensaw going on there! I'm impressed with your determination though!

What saw did that tank come off of? That's weird that it don't fit but you can see that the stuffers are way different. You need a 250 parts saw, lots of frankensaw going on there! I'm impressed with your determination though!
I dont know what saw this tank came from. It was sent to me by a member. I only needed two parts to make this saw right. The fan housing and this fuel tank due to a broken handle bar mount. It has kind of snowballed lol.

It came off a 200, I had no idea they had different stuffers available, though now that its mentioned I'm certain my other Mac's have the separate stuffer plate. I bought the 200 for the carburetor and clutch cover a couple years ago (it cost next to nothing) so I am glad the parts are going to a good cause.

Hi fellas,I bought 3 2-10's back about 2 mo.ago,one in particular looks to be in really nice shape.I tried several times now to get it to fire,but it simply refuses to do so.I took a compression test & got 130-135 psi.I put a new plug in it & I took the flywheel off to see if it had a sheared key.The key is good & I have good spark,but still it won't fire up.I put fuel in the plug hole & in the carb,but not at the same time.I've never had a saw baffle me like this.Any ideas?
Ed

Again only one picture from today's cutting. Brian isn't getting any prettier but his saws sure run good. He also put one of his 1010 to work. I never fired my MAC though it was there and ready. We quit at noon. Probably a good thing - at the moment my foot is reminding me that it is broken. Ron

Cutting the big end in short lengths so as to not overload the FEL.
IMG_3845.JPG

Again only one picture from today's cutting. Brian isn't getting any prettier but his saws sure run good. He also put one of his 1010 to work. I never fired my MAC though it was there and ready. We quit at noon. Probably a good thing - at the moment my foot is reminding me that it is broken. Ron

Cutting the big end in short lengths so as to not overload the FEL.
View attachment 683126

Looks nice and green. Not many leaves left on the trees here.

well bought my first mac today its a 10-10s special edition bow saw. it does run I have not had a chance to dig into it I was on a rush to snap it up on my lunch break. I figured the bow was worth what I paid View attachment 683180 View attachment 683181 View attachment 683182

That's quite a find!

Looks nice and green. Not many leaves left on the trees here.

Cherry trees dropped their leaves several weeks ago. The others are showing their colors and just starting to fall. Beautiful weather today. Just right for cutting. A light jacket or heavy shirt only - perfect tempature and little breeze.

Ron

Hi all,
I'm working on rebuilding my dad's SP125; we've known it's had a gouged piston for a long time now. Although it's always been a remarkably strong saw, even with the bad piston, it's time to freshen it up. Anyone have a standard size thin-ring SP125 piston (preferably with rings) they'd be willing to part with?
Thanks much!
61736b992ebbedf91b949dde5f3569d2.jpg

Hi all,
I'm working on rebuilding my dad's SP125; we've known it's had a gouged piston for a long time now. Although it's always been a remarkably strong saw, even with the bad piston, it's time to freshen it up. Anyone have a standard size thin-ring SP125 piston (preferably with rings) they'd be willing to part with?
Thanks much!
61736b992ebbedf91b949dde5f3569d2.jpg

Last time I looked there was one on eBay. Ron

The SP125 piston that's on eBay as of right now is .020" oversize, and the standard kart piston won't work with the stock connecting rod.

Well I put the 1-52 on the back burner for now pending funds to buy another fuel tank.
I brought the 1-86 back to the front and began reassembly and preparation for paint. The idler gear that Mark sent me would not work and the bracket was different. It had the same number of teeth but was a courser pitch than what was in there. So I went ahead and welded the original bracket back together. Should hold up just fine. The saw is about 80% reassembled and ready for a primer coat. Hopefully I will be able to do that tomorrow night. I will post some pics after primer.
Thanks all.

Back