McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry also does a 7-10A share a lot of the same parts with a pro mac 700? They look similar. They are around locally so I could pick one up to use for parts...

Absolutely grab any 10 series you can find especially 700s.

So the duct part is ok it's just the cover? No worries about back pressure.

You can make up any thing you like really it's just steel.

Now go grab that 700

Here's the muffler on my older 7-10 I never made it I would of done something else but it works and is very very loud just the way I like it.Screenshot_20190605-130348_Samsung Internet.jpg
You can make up what ever you like Jerry but seriously go grab that 700 for all intentions its the same saw with electronic ignition and a bigger clutch cover and will absolutely get you a runner yellow beast considering your cylinder is ok.

The ignition does not fit the points cylinder though

Thanks guys - I just thought the 10 series were all the 1-10, 2-10 etc...but obviously it includes other saws without the 10 in the name.

Good to know about the exhaust, I'll just weld something up....or steal it off the Mac Pro 700 if the seller will ship (listed as pickup only)

I am about to place an order for over $200USD for all OEM parts for this 7-10A (and I haven't even got a bar yet) but it would be nice to have a second saw to cut with and use as a reference for when I forget how to reassemble lol.

That would be a nice haul for a large frame guy but no nothing really there for you.

How much you reckon its all worth? I was interested in that nearly complete 380 as potentially a future project but I'm sure it will get bidded up as old chainsaws are quite popular over here it seems....A neighbour came past last night and I showed him my Stihl 031av and it turns out he collects saws too lol..except he plays more in the deeper end with some of the bigger pricier old saws.

That pro mac 700 is bugging me now as it would be perfect for me but it's like 1000km away so if they dont want to ship I'll be out of luck.

Another thing I learned as I started getting these things is sometimes you're better to just put a saw in the corner for parts and wait till you find a better one eg that 700 may only need a carb kit to be a runner so rather than steal its muffler mite as well run the 700 and another 7-10 will come along eventually.

I bought a 10-10 and found its rings worn way beyond it so I thought hmm ok rebuild it so stripped it down and started gathering parts for lots of money only to find an amazing 10-10 6 months later and now that old shabby 1 is parts for a heap of my saws. Handle,carby, starter got my 800 running umm aww screws ,bar plates bar ,clutch the list goes on and on of what fits each other so gather them up when you can. Remember a dead old mac is worth piss all to a random Joe blogs but to you there's hundreds in parts

Point taken....the difference between you and I is that your out there running your old saws and using them for what their intended....I'm just restoring them to display on my wall. Not much of a restoration project for me if it's just reassembled with predominantly old worn internals but maybe I need to be realistic about the 7-10A.

Point taken....the difference between you and I is that your out there running your old saws and using them for what their intended....I'm just restoring them to display on my wall. Not much of a restoration project for me if it's just reassembled with predominantly old worn internals but maybe I need to be realistic about the 7-10A.

Well that's a good point too it's about the project itself rather than the nice running saw at the end

An addict is putting it litely.....it starts with one. Then quickly escalates into a comment from the wife saying, "thats enough". Lol, then you ask how many purses or shoes she has and you end up on the couch. Hahahhaa

Hahaha very familiar story for a lot of us no doubt

An addict is putting it litely.....it starts with one. Then quickly escalates into a comment from the wife saying, "thats enough". Lol, then you ask how many purses or shoes she has and you end up on the couch. Hahahhaa

Yes many of us have been in that position. Heck if my ex would have known just how many bikes in the shop were in fact mine and not customers bikes she would have killed me.....HaHaHa....

Brian

My wife would probably be quite happy if I collected chainsaws - as relative to my other projects (F150 ground up rebuild / motor bikes) from my limited exposure they are a fairly cheap pursuit if you don't go all out crazy with the most sought after saws. The problem I foresee is that you can fix them up relatively quickly so you'll be chasing the next one fairly soon.

I think old school machinery are works of art - my last road bike was a 1996 GSXR 750 (not super old school) that I restored that I wanted to put in the living room on a rear stand as a display piece - heck of a lot prettier than a vase or something...I wasn't able to get that over the line....but now I have a 150+sqm man cave to fill :).

Latest posts

Back