McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Th
Finally got the spikes programmed and cut on the laser. I only asked for a couple and ended up with 11 lol. Headed to the hills for the weekend so they will have to wait before I can paint and mount on a few saws. I’ll have extras if anyone wants.

View attachment 824178
Thats pretty AWESOME.

Well folks...It's AliVvEe (dr Frankenstein voice). Model 47 is running, needs a fine tune but otherwise not bad. I really love the uniqueness of these old macs. Makes me appreciate how much work the old timers had to put in and how much we take for granted with modern saws!
View attachment model 47 (7).mov

Hi fellas anyone here deal with Chainswr.com?
Does he reply to contact request?
Cheers
I buy from him all the time ,but currently they are VERY short staffed and moved everything. So the guys running the show are having a hell of a time treading water. You probably get better responses from email but who knows right now.

Hi fellas anyone here deal with Chainswr.com?
Does he reply to contact request?
Cheers
I've been getting parts from them the last couple months. Doesnt usually take too long to get parts out the door. Hasn't been too bad for me but I agree with the above post. They might be tied up currently.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I ordered a carb kit on Tuesday and it still hasn’t shipped.
I ordered it since he is a sponsor and I was lead directly to his site from a post here.
I don't mind paying a couple bucks more for the item I could get elsewhere for them being a sponsor but I want fast service like I can get elsewhere For less money.
If there is going to be delays they should have that posted on there website.

I ordered a carb kit on Tuesday and it still hasn’t shipped.
I ordered it since he is a sponsor and I was lead directly to his site from a post here.
I don't mind paying a couple bucks more for the item I could get elsewhere for them being a sponsor but I want fast service like I can get elsewhere For less money.
If there is going to be delays they should have that posted on there website.
I'm just the opposite, I'll wait for the "right" part but hate getting the wrong one fast.

I want both.
I pay you.
You ship in 24. hrs.
If you can’t do that at least post it somewhere for the buyer to be of Shipping Speed!
Ok , I agree.
It does sound like he's got a sh!@$t show there right now though. I also picture in my mind a enormous mountain of chainsaw parts and dark shelves hiding treasures, honestly he has some stuff that would be difficult to find in any condition so its made me alittle understanding.
I do think my 16 year old nephew could run his website better.

My 2 cents about chainsawr - I've dealt with him over the yrs.& it seems to me that he doesn't have diddly squat in stock anymore,for someone who brags that he's the world's largest chainsaw parts inventory.I don't care what brand saw you're talking about.And then there's the ridiculous shipping costs,$10 to ship an on/off switch?Most of the time I can find the part I need elsewhere for less money & less shipping costs.And as far as getting a reply to an email - forget it.
Ed

Hopefully it has spark, I have an Eager Beaver trimmer that's in great shape but sitting in the corner of my shop because the module is dead, and i haven't any luck finding a decent replacement. Those years the ignitions seem to be junk .
Fixed the starter issue this afternoon. Good compression & has spark. Will try to start tomorrow. The only real issues it seems to have is it needs a new air filter and the second is the manual oiler is stuck. Will need to work out what's going on with the oiler.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fixed the starter issue this afternoon. Good compression & has spark. Will try to start tomorrow. The only real issues it seems to have is it needs a new air filter and the second is the manual oiler is stuck. Will need to work out what's going on with the oiler.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Probably just old cruddy oil in the pump , put some kerosene or ATF in there and try pumping it in a few days.
Nice job if you got spark and fuel you'll be running it in no time!

Finally got dry enough to get down there to cut. I didn’t get a video of the large cedar tree but I did get a video of this white oak that has been dead for a couple years.

9cdb8777e480774711b5a84e76641987.jpg

Back