McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell?!?!?
I know. I kinda get the sprocket tho I’ve only seen one other like that. I have no idea why the fuel tank cover had so many drill marks on it. Maybe there was a reason and I'm not dogging the fella, it just makes me scratch my head.

Wow Mark! I didn't think I'd ever see one of the PM310s run.Now as far as the throttle lock goes - is that operatioal,or is that a thing of the past? I couldn't really tell from the pic if it had one or not.Send me a PM with the final tally from our horse trading.

Today was somewhat unproductive in that neither of my PM6s turned out to be runners.I got the carb on the first PM6 & put fuel in it to see if it'd start/run.As fast as I pourerd the fuel in it ran out.Totally pissed me off.Either it has a cracked tank,or the nipple didn't lock into the opening for it.
The 2nd PM6 I took the carb off & went through it.I couldn't find anything wrong with it at first,but after looking at an MDC IPL I think I found the problem.Whoever rebuilt the carb had the metering gasket & diaphragm reversed.They were still in great shape,so I reversed them to where they should be & put the carb back together.I'll see how my day plays out tomorrow & maybe I'll get the carb back on & see if I can get another leak.

New member here. I have a Powermac 380 that I have owned from new. It starts, runs and cuts good. Does it have any value?

I've never really seen these saws come up on eBay,but then again I've never really looked for them.I can't say your 380 isn't worth anything,obviously it must be worth something if it's still running well as it's approaching 40 yrs.old.Let's just say it's not a well sought after saw,not really a collectible at this point.Just keep maintaining it & it may just last another 40 yrs.

I've found all sorts of washers in there in my neck of the woods. I inquired about this practice in the old saw shops that had McCulloch repairs and they were all under the impression that if you didnt install some sort of washer in there after a tank gasket replacement then you could warp the tank and cause it to leak at the seam.
Ofcourse this was caused by the srinking cork gasket or a ham fisted tech over torquing everything, but its still reguarded as common practice around here.
Any chance you must have 1-70 parts of any kind?

New member here. I have a Powermac 380 that I have owned from new. It starts, runs and cuts good. Does it have any value?
Hard to say. It seems all those 80ish cc saws were pretty close to the same with some minor tweaks and a number change. Those saws are listed....not sold ,but listed....on eBay and various other for sale sights as high as $250 to $300. But they are still listed and not selling. I got my 250 for $50 and it was a runner. Just needed gas.
So who knows really.

Hard to say. It seems all those 80ish cc saws were pretty close to the same with some minor tweaks and a number change. Those saws are listed....not sold ,but listed....on eBay and various other for sale sights as high as $250 to $300. But they are still listed and not selling. I got my 250 for $50 and it was a runner. Just needed gas.
So who knows really.
The PM380 was not a 80ish cc saw,it was a 38 cc saw made by Black & Decker.You may be thinking of the older 380 from the early 60's?

Welcome orezok. Your saw has value of some sort. Not being smarty but its worth what anyone will pay. Is it a collector saw no. I have seen them sell at times on ebay. Not high dollar but anything will sell on there. Mini macs sell for 20 dollars one day and hundred the next. If it runs and cuts for you id just keep it as would most anyone here since we are mostly all hoarders. Again welcome

Merry Christmas everyone!

To our new member orezok, I love all things McCulloch but in my opinion the only thing the small Italian Mac's are good for is holding down a place on the shelf. The Power Mac 380 and the Titan 35/40 are basically the same saw. Even a good runner cannot hold a candle to 300 Series saw like the PM310.

20190318_160528.jpg

20190316_121634.jpg

The Pro Mac 430 is quite possibly the worst of the batch.

DSC02019.JPG

The DE50/Titan 50 and Titan 57 are not bad saws, but the electronic ignition modules are prone to failure.

IMAG0316.jpg

DSCN2519.jpg

Mark

Merry Christmas everyone!

To our new member orezok, I love all things McCulloch but in my opinion the only thing the small Italian Mac's are good for is holding down a place on the shelf. The Power Mac 380 and the Titan 35/40 are basically the same saw. Even a good runner cannot hold a candle to 300 Series saw like the PM310.

View attachment 951092

View attachment 951093

The Pro Mac 430 is quite possibly the worst of the batch.

View attachment 951094

The DE50/Titan 50 and Titan 57 are not bad saws, but the electronic ignition modules are prone to failure.

View attachment 951096

View attachment 951097

Mark
Regards
E.
537cbf059f4546c03cda2c19fda30181.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

Back