McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SDC65 cleaned up surprisingly well.I put a kit in it & pressure tested it.It looses around 3 psi in one minute.I think that's too much,but on the other hand the original carb was much worse & the saw ran,just wouldn't idle very long.I'll put this SDC65 in the saw tomorrow or Mon.& see how it goes.I would've finished on it today,but had to attend to a broken belt on my snowblower.Funny thing about that snowblower,it didn't give me any trouble all summer.

Quite normal, that is the way they are designed. The chain running in the bar grooves will keep it in the proper position when the saw is running.

There should be a thin (0.5 mm) shim/washer between the clutch drum and the seal on the PTO side, older ones were smaller diameter (maybe 18-19 mm) and the last edition were around 1" (25 mm). This goes a long way towards protecting the seal on the PTO side when the saw is in operation.

Mark

There should be a thin (0.5 mm) shim/washer between the clutch drum and the seal on the PTO side, older ones were smaller diameter (maybe 18-19 mm) and the last edition were around 1" (25 mm). This goes a long way towards protecting the seal on the PTO side when the saw is in operation.
Yes, that's in there, although a little cone-shaped.

Just picked up this one today. Its mint. Maybe the cleanest saw i've ever bought.

20221121_145458.jpg
reed muffler, fully intact, no rust, no carbon and a functioning brake - note the stylish (definitely asbestos) linoleum bar cover.

20221121_145451.jpg

decal is almost new looking

20221121_145509.jpg

little bit of wear from sitting on a shelf evidently, but it still has the rubber pieces near the back of the handle brace.

20221121_145703.jpg
and a 28" bar, made in canada so i'm guessing a windsor and the original Mac branded chain.

anyways, i'll give it a good once over, put a carb kit in it and it'll be good to go i'm sure. Needs an oil cap, evidently someone took some channel lock pliers to this one at some point. Probably re-rope the starter, it has mountains of compression.

Just picked up this one today. Its mint. Maybe the cleanest saw i've ever bought.

View attachment 1033942
reed muffler, fully intact, no rust, no carbon and a functioning brake - note the stylish (definitely asbestos) linoleum bar cover.

View attachment 1033943

decal is almost new looking

View attachment 1033944

little bit of wear from sitting on a shelf evidently, but it still has the rubber pieces near the back of the handle brace.

View attachment 1033945
and a 28" bar, made in canada so i'm guessing a windsor and the original Mac branded chain.

anyways, i'll give it a good once over, put a carb kit in it and it'll be good to go i'm sure. Needs an oil cap, evidently someone took some channel lock pliers to this one at some point. Probably re-rope the starter, it has mountains of compression.
Holy crap. Was it exspendy?

Latest posts

Back