McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This evening I lost my Uncle, my McCulloch saw mentor, my friend. RIP Uncle Gary. I shall miss our talks, and working on saws together. I love you!View attachment 1101279
Thoughts and prayers to you and ur family Max , It’s never easy losing a family member, especially one that’s so revered by you , great memories will last forever ,

Today I got back at the 3-10.I put a new tank gasket & fuel line in.I also went to rebuild the SDC3 carb & found it was in a sorry state of affairs.The welch plugs & the metering lever rod screw had rust on them,I mean a lot of rust.The inlet elbow was plugged with varnish.I set it in goof off for 45 minutes & was really amazed at how well it turned out.The rust was completely gone along with the varnish.Meanwhile,while the SDC was soaking,I rebuilt an SDC65.I'll put the 65 on & see how it runs.

I got the carb on the 3-10 & it wouldn't pull fuel.I had to prime it to get it going & I believe it has an air leak.The saw won't idle at all & wants to scream at an "idle".I'm going to assume it needs crank seals.I'll have to put this one away for a whiole due to other things going on.

I got the carb on the 3-10 & it wouldn't pull fuel.I had to prime it to get it going & I believe it has an air leak.The saw won't idle at all & wants to scream at an "idle".I'm going to assume it needs crank seals.I'll have to put this one away for a whiole due to other things going on.
I feel ya there and have a few put away for the same reason. 90 percent of repairs can be done in 2 hrs or less. Others, not so much!!!!!

Does anyone know if there is an SKF or similar oil seal that matches a 57732? Needing it for a 1-72. I'd take the one I have to a bearing and seal shop but the nearest one is an hour drive from me. Pic for attention, I've been working on this 1-76 for a while and finally have it running.

1-76 Mac.jpg

My inventory says I have a surplus of NOS 57732, considering postage I could get one to you for $10.

There are three SKF part numbers that match my records for I.D. and O.D. but with different widths. According to my notes 57732 is .781x1.375x.245

SKF 7831 is .197 wide, 7824 and 7829 are .313 wide, 24 is Viton and 29 is Nitrile if I follow the SKF seal finder nomenclature.

Looking through a 1-72 Ipl I don't find that seal listed, where is it used?

Mark

Back