McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through another "McCulloch" oddity this week from the batch of Oregon test saws, this one was sold under the Electrolux banner as a McCulloch ProMac 10-51.

20240328_082837.jpg

20240328_082827.jpg

20240328_082846.jpg

20240328_141948.jpg

1711760024476.png

It cleaned up pretty nicely, and does run, cut, oil, and even idle as it should. None the less, I don't think I will use it for gathering firewood, there are just too many fragile bits and no spare parts available. It will do just fine in the display...

20240329_150802.jpg

20240329_150819.jpg

Mark

I went through another "McCulloch" oddity this week from the batch of Oregon test saws, this one was sold under the Electrolux banner as a McCulloch ProMac 10-51.

View attachment 1165699

View attachment 1165701

View attachment 1165702

View attachment 1165704

View attachment 1165706

It cleaned up pretty nicely, and does run, cut, oil, and even idle as it should. None the less, I don't think I will use it for gathering firewood, there are just too many fragile bits and no spare parts available. It will do just fine in the display...

View attachment 1165710

View attachment 1165711

Mark
Very unique

I don't think so. I had one spare brake assembly/clutch cover but someone stopped in a few weeks back and bought it...

Mark
Roger that. If you need something off this one, I'm not deeply attached. Would fix it just for fun if I found a starter tho. Kinda like a troy bilt I have that I can't find an oiler gear for.

I'm guessing your Troy Built is one of the 55cc McCulloch models like the ones I was working on this past week. It is a shame about the oilers because the engines do seem to run well and have plenty of go in the cut. I'm keeping my eyes open for the Troy Built, Remington, and Cub Cadet versions of these saws.

Mark

I'm guessing your Troy Built is one of the 55cc McCulloch models like the ones I was working on this past week. It is a shame about the oilers because the engines do seem to run well and have plenty of go in the cut. I'm keeping my eyes open for the Troy Built, Remington, and Cub Cadet versions of these saws.

Mark
I have a Cub cadet but I think it is a different line can snap a picture of it if you think you would be interested. Just another saw to me.

IMG_5487.JPGIMG_5486.JPGIMG_5483.JPGIMG_5481.JPGIMG_5480.JPGIMG_5479.JPGHappy Easter All!

I have been busy and not checking in regularly here like I would like. Sorry about that. I found a piece yesterday going through a pallet box of carcass saws that just may be the rarest saw I have ever had my hands on. a PM650 Cut-A-Way demonstrator saw. Its dirty and needs a bit of TLC. But I quickly got on the horn and found it the home it deserves in Museum so all can see it. The things I find in Machalla continue to amaze me.

Happy Easter All!

I have been busy and not checking in regularly here like I would like. Sorry about that. I found a piece yesterday going through a pallet box of carcass saws that just may be the rarest saw I have ever had my hands on. a PM650 Cut-A-Way demonstrator saw. Its dirty and needs a bit of TLC. But I quickly got on the horn and found it the home it deserves in Museum so all can see it. The things I find in Machalla continue to amaze me.

Very cool!

Any chance you could post one or two of the full saw instead of just close-ups?

Very cool!

Any chance you could post one or two of the full saw instead of just close-ups?
Its already wrapped up to protect it from further exposer to the elements. I might un wrap it at some point before it heads off to Mark. If not I am sure Mark will take images of it once its ready for the Museum. Sorry.

Its already wrapped up to protect it from further exposer to the elements. I might un wrap it at some point before it heads off to Mark. If not I am sure Mark will take images of it once its ready for the Museum. Sorry.
Was hoping that was the museum you were referring to!

View attachment 1166213View attachment 1166215View attachment 1166218View attachment 1166221View attachment 1166222View attachment 1166223Happy Easter All!

What's the compression like?

Latest posts

Back