mcculloch kart motor identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's a haul! Those are some super nice and rare engines right there. I don't really know what they'd fit, but I'd imagine a 797 and other huge chassis saws. If, and a big if, I ever found one of these monsters I'd love to try and put together a nice vintage kart. The MC101B with the chrome casings is very sweet. If I may ask, how did you find them, and is there a good story that accompanies your acquisitions? Congratulations! Max.

I bet that would flat out run. Do you have any old pictures you can share? This just reminded me about a fellow in Powhatan, VA who used to race karts back in the day. I haven't spoken to him in years, but think I need to. I don't believe his equipment would include serious treasures like these here, but who knows. I never had a kart or any motorized toys when I was younger, but would like to try and make up for it now. Max.

I bet that would flat out run. Do you have any old pictures you can share? This just reminded me about a fellow in Powhatan, VA who used to race karts back in the day. I haven't spoken to him in years, but think I need to. I don't believe his equipment would include serious treasures like these here, but who knows. I never had a kart or any motorized toys when I was younger, but would like to try and make up for it now. Max.

I had my kart way back in 1973. I traded a Yamaha 250MX m/c for it. The owner of the kart ran a saw shop. It was actually an Enduro Kart made for long, open tracks. It's fuel capacity was almost 10 gals. via twin coffin tanks.

Hydraulic disc-brakes up front and a hydraulic single disc on the rear live axle. It sat a little less than 1" off the ground. Chrome-moly frame and all leather seat. Goodyear slicks on all four.

Properly geared, it could do 125 mph. But, it was more accustomed to 90 mph or so. Twin Siamese exhaust headers flowed into a single expansion chamber.

No pics though. Sure wish I had taken some. It was beautiful. Candy apple red frame with polished alum. fuel tanks.

We used a 5 hp B&S engine mounted on a hand truck to start the engines, via a fan belt. No cranking, other than to start the B&S engine.

When that kart was singing it's tune, it was music to my ears. Sounded like a Formula 1 race car.

Now THIS is a frigging go kart. :blob2:

go-kart-v8-1963632814447598689.jpg

Latest posts

Back