McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across this rare mini Mac but didn't buy it. I've never seen another one other than this.

nuqyny3y.jpg

y3uduzy8.jpg

udusyhum.jpg

Didn't even know they exsisted nice find

110 alive

Got my 110 running !!
Put in the new NOVA II chip, rebuilt the carb, squirt some mix into the carb and full choke, 2 pulls and she was running. Warmed her up and I started doing the low speed adjustment and she died. After checking for spark and having none - pulled her apart again and replaced the NOVA II with another one (glad I ordered a few) and now she purrs like a kitten !!

I could understand if it never worked, or if I hooked/pinched a wire getting the exo back on, but nope ....... just went ka-put after about 2 minutes of running !

Anyone else have new NOVA II chip issues ?

I think it was joeymt33 that noted putting the chip too close to the coil lead to early failures.

Personally I don't use them, I have never had an issue getting the points/condenser to work very well.

Mark

P.S. regarding my post 575 above, I saw a Power Mac 300 recently that reminded me those are the ugliest McCullcoch's ever produced...

I think it was joeymt33 that noted putting the chip too close to the coil lead to early failures.

Personally I don't use them, I have never had an issue getting the points/condenser to work very well.

Mark

P.S. regarding my post 575 above, I saw a Power Mac 300 recently that reminded me those are the ugliest McCullcoch's ever produced...

That's true about the chips. I had the problem with two different saws and killed 4 nova chips.

Mark

Hi Mark,
I dont have any problems getting points to work, just couldnt source new ones and the points that were installed were burned up, so as Dennis suggested I got the NOVA II.
I also put it right where Dennis suggested, he even posted a picture for me, and mine is right in the exact same spot .......... I dont think it has/had anything to do with being too close to the coil or he (and many others) would have seen a pattern of failures.

Appreciate the tip though .........

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/218770-13.htm#post4082078

Howdy all. I was given what I thought was a Mac 110. Turned out to be a 130 after I cleaned the grime off. It's missing the fuel cap and the recoil spring is broken. I'm going to guess that it will need a carb kit, not sure what else. Doesn't appear to have run in quite a while. I haven't seen any parts sources recommended, and google isn't helping much.

Edit: Don't know how much it matters, but the model number is 600017U and the serial number is 11-33370

Last edited:
Howdy all. I was given what I thought was a Mac 110. Turned out to be a 130 after I cleaned the grime off. It's missing the fuel cap and the recoil spring is broken. I'm going to guess that it will need a carb kit, not sure what else. Doesn't appear to have run in quite a while. I haven't seen any parts sources recommended, and google isn't helping much.

Edit: Don't know how much it matters, but the model number is 600017U and the serial number is 11-33370

Do a google search for "chainsawr" they have tons of used parts

Regards,

Lee:msp_tongue:

Hey mchinisttx. it's good to see a fellow texan in here and welcome to A.S.:rock:

Thanks. :smile2: Looks like he might also have some parts for the pioneer P26 that came with it.

Not sure if there even is a McCulloch part number for that o-ring, just take it to your local Ace Hardware and look through their o-ring selection and you will find one that will work.

Alternative is to do what I did and go to McMaster-Carr and buy 100 each of all the small one, say 001 through 012 and you will be covered for most any o-ring requirement you will come up against related to carburetors and oilers.

Mark

Not sure if there even is a McCulloch part number for that o-ring, just take it to your local Ace Hardware and look through their o-ring selection and you will find one that will work.

Alternative is to do what I did and go to McMaster-Carr and buy 100 each of all the small one, say 001 through 012 and you will be covered for most any o-ring requirement you will come up against related to carburetors and oilers.

Mark

Hey mark, thanks for the advice i will definantly try ace or McMaster-Carr. Btw I got the berryman's. My local autozone wanted 27.99 so I decided to go to Wallmart instead who only wanted 18.99. I have a bunch of spark plug's soaking now.:msp_biggrin: Do you think there would be any problems soaking a chrome plated cylinder?

Had an unforseen issue on a PM310 more like a washer i didn't seen.. anyway im in need of a piston and rings. what would interchange with this saw? i have some minor skirt damage and one broke ring. little light sanding it still runs but one ring wont cut it. and i'm thinking the broke skirt intake side has richened it up too much. any info I have a mini mac 25 and 110 would either of these pistons interchange? I have seen a few pics in this thread some seem to be a one ring version my 310 has two ring 34.4cc

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm doing a carb refresh and good cleaning on my Mac 160s and have some questions. My saw has a Zama M7 carb, electronic ignition, and automatic and manual oilers.

The carb design is different than most. It appears to have both the pump and metering diaphragms on the same side, separated by a plastic spacer. Anything special to watch out for here? I'm just giving it a good cleaning and new diaphragms. What should I set the screws to initially?

What should the flywheel air gap for the ignition be?

Which way do you turn the oiler adjustment screw to increase the oil flow?

About how old is my saw? It is marked "MAC 160S Automatic Oiling" and "McCulloch Corporation Los Angeles, California" along with the usual warnings on the sticker atop the engine case.

Latest posts

Back