McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark,
I dont have any problems getting points to work, just couldnt source new ones and the points that were installed were burned up, so as Dennis suggested I got the NOVA II.
I also put it right where Dennis suggested, he even posted a picture for me, and mine is right in the exact same spot .......... I dont think it has/had anything to do with being too close to the coil or he (and many others) would have seen a pattern of failures.

Appreciate the tip though .........

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/218770-13.htm#post4082078

This morning I am putting in the beginning of my 6th gallon of fuel through my MAC 110.
NOVA II chip still going strong thanks to Overtraineds placement suggestion !
Thanks Dennis !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Did the carb kit on the Zama M7 last night. Pretty easy job, the carb was already really clean so I replaced the gaskets and diaphragms and made sure everything looked good. This carb is an unusual but very simple design. My new kit came with the wrong arm for the inlet needle, too short. Fortunately there was nothing wrong with the old one so I just reused it. The carb to spacer gasket is on order,'hopefully I'll have it running soon.

Glad to find this thread!

I am excited to have found this thread. I just picked up a pair of McCulloch chainsaws at a garage sale today. I got a 110 and a 320. Both appear to be in good shape and included b&c and a hard case. These are my first McCulloch's and I am relatively new to tinkering on chainsaws so I was hoping to glean some information out of you fellas. Any information about these saws would be helpful as all I really know about McCullochs is they were made in the US, that aren't made any more, most shops wont work on them and parts are sometimes hard to come by.

All I really know about the two saws I just bought is they appear to be complete, appear to have compression and they cost me $20 each. I will update ya'll when I get a chance to run a couple tests on them and get a better idea about that I may be up against.

I am excited to have found this thread. I just picked up a pair of McCulloch chainsaws at a garage sale today. I got a 110 and a 320. Both appear to be in good shape and included b&c and a hard case. These are my first McCulloch's and I am relatively new to tinkering on chainsaws so I was hoping to glean some information out of you fellas. Any information about these saws would be helpful as all I really know about McCullochs is they were made in the US, that aren't made any more, most shops wont work on them and parts are sometimes hard to come by.

All I really know about the two saws I just bought is they appear to be complete, appear to have compression and they cost me $20 each. I will update ya'll when I get a chance to run a couple tests on them and get a better idea about that I may be up against.

the guy should have given you $20 each to take them away.

at best they will fetch 20-30 bux. and that's a really clean shiny example that runs perfect. you can find new in box one's for around $50ish and under. they can be a major, huge, rediculous, idiotic, hellish, spoiled brat of a pain to work on if you get one that's of a mind to be. most of the time, you can't give them away.
when running properly, they do make decent power for their size. they will rattle the hand off you in short order. but do cut well.

Hmmm, well I guess this was a learning experience

at best they will fetch 20-30 bux. and that's a really clean shiny example that runs perfect. you can find new in box one's for around $50ish and under. they can be a major, huge, rediculous, idiotic, hellish, spoiled brat of a pain to work on if you get one that's of a mind to be. most of the time, you can't give them away.
when running properly, they do make decent power for their size. they will rattle the hand off you in short order. but do cut well.

I wish I would have known that before I wasted 40 bucks on a couple of nice paper weights. I was trying to diversify my saw collection. It has previously been limited to the Orange and the Orange/White variety. I was hoping to add a couple of Bubble Bees to the collection. I'll probably tinker on them a bit to see if I can get them to run, then stick them out at my yard sale and see if I can get my money back out of them. If not maybe I'll save them for a rainy day when I am board and need more frustration in my life:bang:. I do want to have a good running Mac on hand, any suggestions on what I should be keeping my eyes out for:confused:

I finally got around to putting the Mac 160S back together last night. Going back together is alot easier when it's all cleaned out. Decided to see if she would run this morning before work. After what seemed like 20 pulls to get fuel into the carb she fired right up like she always did. Definitely running rich with lots of smoke, I probably have the screws opened up way too much. What is the average high and low setting on your mini? When I get home tonight I'll try to get it adjusted and do a test cut. Hopefully I'll be good for another 20 years!

The Mac 160 is back in action. I have cut with it a few times and I think the carb is now adjusted right. At first I had the worst time getting it to idle without the chain moving. I asked about it in another thread and was told to check the sprocket bearing. It was surprisingly dry and the crankshaft had what looked like baked on grease stuck to it. I cleaned up the crankshaft with fine sandpaper and greased the bearing. That resolved most of the chain movement, still has a little bit here and there.

Alot of folks hate on Mini Macs but I think they have their place. I can run this thing all day without my back hurting which can't be said for other saws. I like the neat, compact size of Mini Macs although the design could be more user friendly.

The Mac 160 is back in action. I have cut with it a few times and I think the carb is now adjusted right. At first I had the worst time getting it to idle without the chain moving. I asked about it in another thread and was told to check the sprocket bearing. It was surprisingly dry and the crankshaft had what looked like baked on grease stuck to it. I cleaned up the crankshaft with fine sandpaper and greased the bearing. That resolved most of the chain movement, still has a little bit here and there.

Alot of folks hate on Mini Macs but I think they have their place. I can run this thing all day without my back hurting which can't be said for other saws. I like the neat, compact size of Mini Macs although the design could be more user friendly.

alot of people have a solid reason to hate them.;)

I like my mini's now that I replaced the walbro's with zama's. But the zama's are expensive. My only real complaint is the half metal half plastic pully's that like to break. I wonder where overtrained is, I have not seen him on here in a while.

Mac 110 with Mini Mac 6 decal?

I have a MAC 110 model #600016C, with chain brake, but the starter cover says Mini Mac 6. I thought the two were different models with the Mini Mac 6 being older.

Were they using up old decals, or does this one have an older starter cover?

Power Mac 310 sn 600042H. All I can find for an IPL is "Parts list only, no diagram".

Got a place to get one with pitchers?

Fellow gave it to me at a July 4 picnic. I smiled and accepted (gag, choke) just to be nice and not screw up any other freebies he may have.

The recoil keeps &@$#ing up by the numbers. And, it looks like the whole thing has to come apart to get to the carb. True?

Geezer gets revenge.

Cancel the above request.

After screwing around with the p.o.s. for three hours the pull rope stayed out yet again. Used the rope to slam the darn thing on the driveway five or six times.

attachment.php

I did save the bar and chain. For what IDK.

a fitting end:cheers:

Indeed. I gave mine away months ago and don't miss it one damn bit. An RTM address and a timed incendiary device :blob2: would have been ideal but a quick dump will do. :msp_biggrin: I just hope it doesn't get thrown through my living room window some day.

Back