McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw had much more than that happen to it.First Wendell dropped a large 70' red oak on it and it kept running.Then it got tossed a few times to see how far it could fly and it kept running.Then we outright killed it while gassed up and smoking:givebeer::givebeer:Then we toasted it:cheers:Very well built little saws.

[video=youtube;tYsbVNzrYdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsbVNzrYdM[/video]

I'm callin' the ASPCA "American Society to Prevent Cruelty to Arborist equipment."

This saw had much more than that happen to it.First Wendell dropped a large 70' red oak on it and it kept running.Then it got tossed a few times to see how far it could fly and it kept running.Then we outright killed it while gassed up and smoking:givebeer::givebeer:Then we toasted it:cheers:Very well built little saws.

[video=youtube;tYsbVNzrYdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsbVNzrYdM[/video]

That was hard to watch:)

Happy New Year! :cheers:

Likewise.

It's not even a nice one so far. Pretty chitty out. Like 37 degrees and humid. Freezing rain should be falling any minute. And stuck in the house with the kids. Grrrrrrrr. Just feedin my stove.

Since there is already a MAC thread dedicated more towards the larger saws I'm starting a thread dedicated to the 38cc and under crowd. All mini's, power mac's, 3200 series and all the smaller late models bring your questions, comments, concerns, pics and etc here. We will see if we can straighten your saw out before you flip it in the garbage or prop open your nearest door.:cheers:

Hi folks - can anyone help me with a mm130 workshop manual? I'd really like to go in fore armed!

Thanks

Bah, Too Buzzy!

There was a small pine woods here, but between vines, the Halloween snowstorm and Sandy it's been pretty much destroyed. I just ran a tank through the SE2012 cutting off vines and branches, and generally separating stuff so I can eventually push it into piles with the loader. My hands are tingling still.

Someone told me the A/V versions are too soft, but it has to be better than this. I think it is time to look for a carcass with A/V and convert mine over. The darn thing runs great otherwise (except that I stink from the exhaust).

progress

To be honest, I've never checked that, but I will when I get a moment.

Thanks for the tip

Lee

Today I had a quick fiddle with my 110 and found that the plug was loose and wet. It's very difficult to get a scrench or a plug socket on the plug. Anyway I checked the comp and it came out 175psi so that's positive. I'll have to pull the carb again and check that metering lever.

I also found a very useful vid on Youtube of a mechanic pulling one apart quickly and easily. Search under minimac I think.

Happy New Year one and all!

Lee:msp_smile:

I also found a very useful vid on Youtube of a mechanic pulling one apart quickly and easily. Search under minimac I think.

Do you mean the ChainsawGuy video? That's the only one I could find. Not bad.

I've got some minimac or other NIB in the closet. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I'm sure it's worth more to some completist collector in new condition than it is to me as a runner, but then, any running saw is a good one in my book. It does seem over-barred with a 16" on it. I'm thinking 12" or 14" would be more appropriate.

I've got some minimac or other NIB in the closet. I haven't decided what to do with it yet. I'm sure it's worth more to some completist collector in new condition than it is to me as a runner, but then, any running saw is a good one in my book. It does seem over-barred with a 16" on it. I'm thinking 12" or 14" would be more appropriate.

Awesome. Check the model.

I have an electronic version of the "General Service Information" for the Mini Mac saws. Basically a work shop manual and very handy with a number of good tips for working on the MM saws. I have it printed to two files, around 8 MB each.

If anyone is interested send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send it along.

Mark

Pics or it didnt happen and a 10" bar is the best on these little machines:msp_thumbsup:

Several of you requested the MM Service Information but even broken into two files of 9 MB each I am having trouble getting them to go through.

If someone can recommend a decent file sharing location, perhaps some young wizzard can help me get the information parked out there in the netherlands of cyberspace.

Mark

Several of you requested the MM Service Information but even broken into two files of 9 MB each I am having trouble getting them to go through.

If someone can recommend a decent file sharing location, perhaps some young wizzard can help me get the information parked out there in the netherlands of cyberspace.

Mark

No idea how to do it. Unless you scan it to a CD and mail them out. I can cover postage, cd and time cost's.

Latest posts

Back