McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acquired a nice NOS 16" .050 gauge mini or 3200 series bar....
6qk3es.jpg

I will check with our IT guys when I am back in the office on Friday to see if they have any objections to my adding DropBox to my computer.

Mark

Ahhh yeah that would be a good idea. In the interim, I'll try to find a 'lite weight' solution that won't require any kind of install. I'll see what I can find.

Anyone have a MAC 3200 series 3818 saw or a FR2.3 or Mac cat 2.3 plastic mexi Mac? Trying to round out the 3200 series saw collection, I have 32 and 35 cc's, want the 38cc saw:D

Oh boy! That, my friend, is CAD at it's finest hahahahaaaaaa Getting another saw just to round out a collection :cool2:

A good buddy of mine has a mint Eager Beaver that I've worked on a couple times. I've already placed a big fat target on it and he's well aware that it's mine when he buys a real saw :msp_smile:

Mini Mac 130 idle screw

attachment.php

Hi guys

Finally got this running - after removing tree from inside casing, removing mud from points box, re-gapping flywheel and taking whole mullarkey apart too many times.

Oiler still not working - but she's firing and I cut some wood today.

Qustion - does this idle screw look right to you informed folk?
Because the sides of the screw are parallel to the throttle thingy turning it does nothing - it looks like a conical screw of some sort should be there - i.e screw down and fatter part of screw moves cam thing to increase idle.

Anybody know if I'm missing something obvious?

Cheers

ps any oiler tips or literature appreciated - wondering of i should flush the old oil out with gasoline? as a starter

attachment.php

Hi guys

Finally got this running - after removing tree from inside casing, removing mud from points box, re-gapping flywheel and taking whole mullarkey apart too many times.

Oiler still not working - but she's firing and I cut some wood today.

Qustion - does this idle screw look right to you informed folk?
Because the sides of the screw are parallel to the throttle thingy turning it does nothing - it looks like a conical screw of some sort should be there - i.e screw down and fatter part of screw moves cam thing to increase idle.

Anybody know if I'm missing something obvious?

Cheers

ps any oiler tips or literature appreciated - wondering of i should flush the old oil out with gasoline? as a starter

That doesnt look like the correct screw. The factory screw(black in color)has a wider head and is tapered so it will adjust the throttle position as you have stated.

Is your manual oiler working?

I got this 3516 running today. Bearings were wiped on the old long block so i swapped in a used working long block, presto! Fired right up. 18" bar seems a bit overkill on such a small saw, but it pulls the chain!
jqg4y9.jpg

That's a clean saw ya got there! Nice work bud. You've inspired me work on my 140. Monday.

Latest posts

Back