mcculloch power mac 6 chian

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pappasteve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up a power mac 6 chainsaw today at an auction. Does anyone off hand know what size chain it takes and the cheapest place to pick one up at. I'm not talking about how many drive links but the cutter and width sizes.

Well young fella the PM6A was fitted with SM 250 SAW CHAIN or in everyday language 1/4" pitch by 050 gauge chain you might find some by trolling through ebay under McCulloch chainsaws

As ozflea said, they originally had 1/4" pitch chain. I'm pretty sure dad or my uncle swapped my grandfather's over to 3/8" LP at some point. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I even looked at the saw.

Thanks for the replys.

There is only one place in town that I know of that has chain to make a new one. Last one I bought cost me more than the saw did.

The saw take a 12" tp 16" bar. I measured the bar from tip to the front of the saw and got 14" Does that make it a 14"? Guess when I take the bar and chain off I'll count the drive links and see what it takes.

Thanks for the replys.

There is only one place in town that I know of that has chain to make a new one. Last one I bought cost me more than the saw did.

The saw take a 12" tp 16" bar. I measured the bar from tip to the front of the saw and got 14" Does that make it a 14"? Guess when I take the bar and chain off I'll count the drive links and see what it takes.

Yah, post up here.

I may be able to provide assistance.

Back