McCulloch Pro Mac 1000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Reaction score
Well fellas anyone out there in saw land got a side cover come clutch cover along with a couple of bar plates to suit my saw, it was i believe McCulloch's first big saw 100cc that was not made by them but by Partner as a P100.

The saw i got has only 3 to 4 hours on it and appears to be in really good nick.

Mc Bob.

So it was u...

I thought I had that auction won lol. I was gonna put that engine in my pocket bike. It was one heck of a deal for that 100cc motor. Congrats and good luck with the saw.

I'd rather saw with them than try to ride them, sorry for pipping you at the post, but it needed saving and its on its way south to Australia to suck in a little fresh air.

Mc Bob.

Now Bob,that thing is McCulloch in name only.I think the dang thing was made in Italy.I did,however,see one of these on e-bay ,several years ago with a 60 inch bar.It fetched a kings ransom,more that 3 average sp 125's.As far as mini bike engines,every so often a barless 550 shows up on e-bay and normally doesn't bring a whole lot of money.For that matter the 250's and 1 series saws go pretty cheap too.They aren't 100 cc's but would still take a pocket rocket down the road in a flash.

No it's not a Mario saw but made in Sweden i believe from the same group that own the dreaded Huskies Electrux makers of fine vacuum cleaners.

Out here they suffered from the fine saw dust off the hardwood and Mc retro fitted a flock type filter to overcome the problem plus we found the Auto oiler a bit of a problem as well not pumping oil at times but that was corrected with replacement pumps.

The saws were reasonably comfortable to use but like all early 80's saws a little on the heavy side but plenty of power for a 100cc saw this is piston ported.

Mc Bob.

Last edited:
Al Smith- thanks for the info, but ever since I placed my bid I had my heart set on 100cc or bigger motor, I want my toy to be alot different then all the other ones running around. Any suggestions on where I can get a used cheap 100cc motor in Ohio.

I'm sure you'll have success, gn4life, but I do think you'll find that those big chainsaws (provided they are in reasonable shape) are rather highly prized. I've been trying to find the "deal of the day" on a big saw for a while now. You'll get it, but you'll probably have to pay for it.

gn4life said:
Al Smith- thanks for the info, but ever since I placed my bid I had my heart set on 100cc or bigger motor, I want my toy to be alot different then all the other ones running around. Any suggestions on where I can get a used cheap 100cc motor in Ohio.
There are 2 of them,1 series,whatever and a 250 on e-bay ,as I type ,cheap.Bare in mind that the original kart motors were 4.9 cu inch saw engines.My little bro[now 45 years old]had a Westbend 580,a bit larger than the 4.9 cu inch Macs,and it would run about 80 mph.Imagine than,me on a Harley,chasing a kid on a minibike.Good grief. :dizzy:

Back