Mcculoch 795

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just picked this one up. Don't know much about these vintage saws.

Somebody can tell me more about it? Are they worth rebuilding? The engine runs but needs attention. Mis the side cover.
What are they worth?

Thanks

IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG

103cc direct drive. Not their most powerful saw, but should do anything you want it to.

They aren't screamers, but they have lots of torque.

The 795 power head was also sold to several different manufacturers for cut off saws and such. A couple of years ago (maybe 5???) someone found a trailer load of NOS cylinders for them but I never heard what became of it.

On the plus side, the 795 has an automatic oil pump.

Two of the cut off saws: the blue one is a Target Quickie, the yellow and black is a Stowe.

DSCN5768.JPG

I ran my 795, Super 550, and SP105 at a GTG two years ago. As you might expect, the SP105 was the strongest of the three.

Mark

If the engine runs and has reasonable compression then likely it just needs tuning and carb work and a general clean up. As for cost it is worth what someone will pay for it but I just sold this one in Australia for just over 500 oz dollars so they are worth money to the right person.IMG_2538.JPG

Yes worth rebuilding, and can be over bored as oversize pistons can be found. As Sniper said, not spectacular power compared to its 797 big brother, but will get the job done, just slower. It likely was a budget big saw for the logger who was tight on money. Kinda like the ms650 to the ms660.

The 795 power head was also sold to several different manufacturers for cut off saws and such. A couple of years ago (maybe 5???) someone found a trailer load of NOS cylinders for them but I never heard what became of it.

On the plus side, the 795 has an automatic oil pump.

Two of the cut off saws: the blue one is a Target Quickie, the yellow and black is a Stowe.

View attachment 564875

I ran my 795, Super 550, and SP105 at a GTG two years ago. As you might expect, the SP105 was the strongest of the three.

Mark

I think the Stow was named "The Rippa".
-Bad marketing IMO...for an inherently dangerous hand held machine. LOL....

Latest posts

Back