Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, first class postage on something that light is as cheap as sending it to someone here in the states.

Domestic is 65 cents for me just using a "Calender Envelope" which is a white version of the same size brown envelope which costs more for some reason.

The one I sent to Germany was $2.20 in the same type of envelope.

The Euros need to step it up and hold their own in the spirit of the thread when requests come in from that side of the pond.

Thanks a million tbone, I'll do what I can to "pay forward" but I know more about saws than I do computers. Good time for kids to come forward, Thanks again Icehouse

No, I sent a real old mediacat to Young to check for older manuals, no luck. They never bothered bringing those older ones to the computer world I guess.

No, I sent a real old mediacat to Young to check for older manuals, no luck. They never bothered bringing those older ones to the computer world I guess.

Fish,thank you for the reply.You deserve a lot of credit for what you have done in this thread.my computer skill are marginal at best.I'm working on making copy of 07 & 09 copy's .I will chime in when I can send them.

Well the latest copies that are out, have had the expiration date removed and are 2011 and 2012 copies, so you maybe someone can hook you up with a newer version, and you can copy those.

There's an old timer just around the corner from me who used to do saw work and he has volumes of the old printed Stihl manuals and IPL's. Definitely have my eye on em and stop by his place once in a while for a beer and just to BS -- and to make sure they're still there! Haven't asked him what he'd take for em yet, but he's a hoarder with a whole barn full o' stuff he ain't lettin' go of any time soon -- including a quite a few saws. But I'm workin' on him...:smile2:

Yeah, I stopped by a dealership a few years back, noticed that all of the old Stihl ipls and manuals were gone, the moron that was working
there at the time bragged, yeah I cleaned out this place last winter, filled several dumptsters with books and old inventory.........

Haven't stopped cussing about him since.

Yeah, I stopped by a dealership a few years back, noticed that all of the old Stihl ipls and manuals were gone, the moron that was working
there at the time bragged, yeah I cleaned out this place last winter, filled several dumptsters with books and old inventory.........

Haven't stopped cussing about him since.

One of the shops I worked at in the late 80's recently threw out 45 years worth of printed IPLs, dealer support manuals, technical bulletins, and parts cross-reference charts and then threw themselves a pizza party to celebrate.

I bought a big load of old inventory off of a dealer, and when I went back for my second load, he had a mountain of books they were about to throw in the dumpster, including a few dozen Deere manuals, and they asked me if I wanted them.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

After that was loaded up, he asked about the microfiche and reader.. HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

I made more than enough off of the microfiche alone to pay for the whole haul.....

Back