Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries, I have already drained your retirement accounts....

So anything you get out of this is pure "bonus"........

I'd love to get in on this offer!!! have an 041 V adn my dad has either an 066 or an 084, can't remember which right now...

Who do I need to pm??

Well for some reason now, I am having trouble making copies, my DVD suite says now that my dvds are not good enough, or something,
even though I made a bunch of copies to them last fall.......

I will go up and buy some better copying dvds tomorrow.

I am pretty much a computer moron, but I'll figure it out...

Well for some reason now, I am having trouble making copies, my DVD suite says now that my dvds are not good enough, or something,
even though I made a bunch of copies to them last fall.......

I will go up and buy some better copying dvds tomorrow.

I am pretty much a computer moron, but I'll figure it out...

You must be running 40:1 mix. Try 50. :msp_smile:

I believe the stripped down version is a CD image, not DVD. Try a blank CD instead.

OK, got a copy out to Poge,z71mike,philbert and pjf1313.

Now when these guys get theirs loaded, they are supposed to make 3 copies, then send them to the next guys in line.

You get in line by posting the request here.

I also turned up a 2005 copy, I wonder if it has any of the older mechanic's manuals......

I'll try to check it out and see.

Ready to receive and ready to forward....

BTW - Do I need CD's , DVD's, or BlueRays for the obligation?
Just to make sure I have good stock on hand.

No Mac ! (Cheesy)

Got copies from Fish and Pogo today - Thanks!

They do not seem to be in anyway compatible with a Macintosh computer. Just a forewarning for anyone else out there with high hopes and an enlightened computer! Sometimes I can still open up the data files on Windows CDs or DVDs even if I can't load the full '.exe files' or the 'auto-run' features, etc. PDF files usually open right up, etc. On these discs, I could only read the 'read-me' text files.

However, I will keep my commitment and send a copy to the next 3 A.S. members who post asking me for it, **** with one caveat **** I am assuming that I can still copy/duplicate all of the files on the disc received, even if my operating system cannot open them(?) Don't want to send out trash.

Philbert
(Cat-less in Minnesota)

When I only had the time sensitive versions, I had an old laptop specifically dedicated for the mediacat, it had windows xp on it, I bought it off ebay for $50, I just kept it set at 2007, and just used it for looking up Stihl stuff.

Someone will likely come along with some suggestions for using it on a Mac., hopefully.

Got copies from Fish and Pogo today - Thanks!

They do not seem to be in anyway compatible with a Macintosh computer. Just a forewarning for anyone else out there with high hopes and an enlightened computer! Sometimes I can still open up the data files on Windows CDs or DVDs even if I can't load the full '.exe files' or the 'auto-run' features, etc. PDF files usually open right up, etc. On these discs, I could only read the 'read-me' text files.

However, I will keep my commitment and send a copy to the next 3 A.S. members who post asking me for it, **** with one caveat **** I am assuming that I can still copy/duplicate all of the files on the disc received, even if my operating system cannot open them(?) Don't want to send out trash.

Philbert
(Cat-less in Minnesota)

1. Yes, you can copy the disc just fine.

2. you can run windows on a Mac 9as long as it's an Intel, running OS X) via either
a. BootCamp (dual boot solution)
b. virtualization software. 3 main offerings here: vmware fusion and parallels - both cost $ - or virtualbox, which is free.

3. You can always view the PDFs in the resources folder directly. it gets kind of annoying, since there's no cross reference of what the files contain - you need to open each one...

Thanks Fish. Got mine today. But thanks to our wonderful postal staff, the CD has 2 nice sets of dings in it. So I can't copy a section of the data.

Since Fish has already sent me this one, would someone else be so kind to send me a fresh copy? And hopefully this one won't get beat up in the mail. Wish this was available for download somehow...... I'll see what I can do about that for the future.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back