Mediocrity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post sounded like the climber was the one trying to put the blame on you. If he was, he needs to have the sh!t beat out of him! Anyone that does not have the balls to take responsibility for his own actions is sorry excuse for a human. But to try and put it on someone else, needs to be taught a lesson. I don’t want you to get into trouble with the police but I would have a private talk with him and then offer to help his broke up @ss off the ground.

I had something like that happen at the country club.

A cigar had been thrown into a cavity in an old Norway maple. The humus caught on fire and they put it out with the irrigation system.

Next morning I came in and the A-super told me to get rid of it.

so i called the stump contractor and told him to get in ASAP so we could blow it out and get it soded right away.

I'm bucking this thing down and the Super comes up steaming yelling why I'm taking a tree down. The A-Super is stammering that he just told me to look at it.

I blew up, "Don't give me THAT! You told me to...!"

If the blame is mine I'll take my share. If you tell me to do something...

Not a happy morning.

Jumper, we had a simple system for identifying the trees for work. When the sales person was not going to accompany the crew to explain the job, the trees were marked with ribbons. Green for trim and red for removal. The work order always spelled out the work to be performed carefully and was signed by the client. If I had any doubt about the work I would tell the guys to stop till I talked to the boss. Taking the time to find out for sure is better than the time and expense of being dragged through court for trimming or removing the wrong tree. CYA = Cover Your @ss.

Back